PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
* Please keep this manual in a safe place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from
electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited
to, the following:
Power supply/Power cord
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as heaters or radiators,
and do not excessively bend or otherwise damage the cord, place heavy
objects on it, or place it in a position where anyone could walk on, trip over,
or roll anything over it.
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the device. The required
voltage is printed on the name plate of the device.
• Use only the supplied power cord/plug.
If you intend to use the device in an area other than in the one you
purchased, the included power cord may not be compatible. Please check
with your Yamaha dealer.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any dirt or dust which may
have accumulated on it.
• Be sure to connect to an appropriate outlet with a protective grounding
connection. Improper grounding can result in electrical shock.
Do not open
• This device contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the device or
attempt to disassemble the internal parts or modify them in any way. If it
should appear to be malfunctioning, discontinue use immediately and have
it inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of physical injury to you or others, or
damage to the device or other property. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/Power cord
• When removing the electric plug from the device or an outlet, always hold
the plug itself and not the cord. Pulling by the cord can damage it.
• Remove the electric plug from the outlet when the device is not to be used
for extended periods of time, or during electrical storms.
• Do not place the device in an unstable position where it might accidentally
• Do not block the vents. This device has ventilation holes at the front and
sides to prevent the internal temperature from becoming too high. In
particular, do not place the device on its side or upside down. Inadequate
ventilation can result in overheating, possibly causing damage to the
device(s), or even fire.
EXi8/EXo8 Owner's Manual
• Do not expose the device to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit. A burning item may
• When one of the following problems occurs, immediately turn off the power
• If this device should be dropped or damaged, immediately turn off the
• Do not place the device in a location where it may come into contact with
• Keep device away from the reach of children.
• Before moving the device, remove all connected cables.
• When setting up the device, make sure that the AC outlet you are using is
• If the device is mounted in an EIA standard rack, carefully read the section
conditions, or place on it any containers (such as vases, bottles or glasses)
containing liquids which might spill into any openings. If any liquid such
as water seeps into the device, turn off the power immediately and unplug
the power cord from the AC outlet. Then have the device inspected by
qualified Yamaha service personnel.
fall over and cause a fire.
If you notice any abnormality
switch and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet. Then have the
device inspected by Yamaha service personnel.
- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.
- Some object has been dropped into the instrument.
- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the device.
power switch, disconnect the electric plug from the outlet, and have the
device inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
corrosive gases or salt air. Doing so may result in malfunction.
easily accessible. If some trouble or malfunction occurs, immediately turn
off the power switch and disconnect the plug from the outlet. Even when the
power switch is turned off, electricity is still flowing to the product at the
minimum level. When you are not using the product for a long time, make
sure to unplug the power cord from the wall AC outlet.
"Precautions for rackmounting" on page 10. Inadequate ventilation can
result in overheating, possibly causing damage to the device(s),
malfunction, or even fire.