• Before connecting the device to other devices, turn off the power for all
devices. Before turning the power on or off for all devices, set all volume
levels to minimum.
• Remove the power plug from the AC outlet when cleaning the device.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the device, or data that is lost or destroyed.
Always turn the power off when the device is not in use.
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/damage to the product, damage to data, or damage to other property, follow the notices
Handling and Maintenance
• Do not use the device in the vicinity of a TV, radio, stereo equipment, mobile phone, or other electric devices. Otherwise, the
device, TV, or radio may generate noise.
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibration, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater, or in
a car during the day), in order to prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration, unstable operation, or damage to the internal
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the device, since this might discolor the panel.
• When cleaning the device, use a dry and soft cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning fluids, or chemical-impreg-
nated wiping cloths.
• Condensation can occur in the device due to rapid, drastic changes in ambient temperature—when the device is moved from
one location to another, or air conditioning is turned on or off, for example. Using the device while condensation is present can
cause damage. If there is reason to believe that condensation might have occurred, leave the device for several hours without
turning on the power until the condensation has completely dried out.
• When turning on the AC power in your audio system, always turn on the power amplifier LAST, to avoid speaker damage.
When turning the power off, the power amplifier should be turned off FIRST for the same reason.
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat different from those
on your device.
• The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective com-
Inrush Current based on EN 55103-1:2009
1A (on initial switch-on)
1A (after a supply interruption of 5s)
Conforms to Environments: E1, E2, E3 and E4
• Do not insert your fingers or hands in any gaps or openings on the device
• Avoid inserting or dropping foreign objects (paper, plastic, metal, etc.) into
any gaps or openings on the device (vents). If this happens, turn off the
power immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC outlet. Then
have the device inspected by qualified Yamaha service personnel.
• Do not rest your weight on the device or place heavy objects on it, and
avoid use excessive force on the buttons, switches or connectors.
EXi8/EXo8 Owner's Manual