Summary of Contents for ZyXEL Communications P-2601HN-F1 Series
P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series ADSL2+ IAD with 802.11n Wireless Firmware Version 3.10 Edition 1, 10/2010 DEFAULT LOGIN DETAILS IP Address: http://192.168.1.1 Username admin Password 1234 Copyright 2010 ZyXEL Communications Corporation www.zyxel.com...
Device Panels INTERNET POWER ETHERNET WIRELESS PHONE BUTTON WIRELESS RESET ON/OFF ETHERNET PHONE PORTS PORT POWER PORT PORT (P-2601HNL-F1 ONLY)
Requirements Make sure you have the following things before you start. • INTERNET ACCESS: You need an Internet account with an ISP (Internet Service Provider) and information such as user name, password, and so on. • VOIP ACCOUNT: You need the account information provided by your VoIP service provider (the company that lets you make phone calls over the Internet).
Hardware Connections 1. DSL: Use a telephone wire to connect this port to the telephone wall jack. If you are using a splitter, use a telephone wire to connect this port to the DSL/MODEM jack on the splitter. Use another telephone wire to connect the PHONE jack in the splitter to the telephone wall jack.
5. POWER: Use the power adaptor provided to connect an appropriate power source to this socket. 6. Push the power button to the ON position. Look at the LEDs (lights) on the top panel of the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series. • The WIRELESS light stays green when the wireless LAN is ready. It blinks when the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series is sending/receiving data through the wireless LAN.
Internet Access Setup The DSL and INTERNET lights are on if you have internet access. Open your web browser and browse to http://www.zyxel.com. You may be prompted to enter your username and password. If one or both of these lights are not on, try turning the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series off, check the connections, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on.
Setting Up a Wireless Connection using the Information on the Label The wireless function on your P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series is enabled by default. Press the WIRELESS button on the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series’ top panel for 1 second to turn this function on or off. To add a wireless client to the network, use the settings found in the rear panel of the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series, such as the following: SSID: SecureWirelessNetwork...
3. You are prompted to enter a password. Enter the WPA-PSK encryption key found in the rear panel of the P-2601HN(L)-F1 Series and click Connect. 4. You may have to wait several minutes while your computer connects to the wireless network. 5.
Follow these steps to add a WPS-enabled device to the wireless network using the WIRELESS button. Place the devices you want to connect near one another. Press the WIRELESS button on the P- 2601HN(L)-F1 Series. The WIRELESS LED blinks orange. Press the WPS button on a compatible device (such as the NWD-270N) within 2 minutes of pressing the button on the...
1. Open your browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 (the P-2601HN(L)- F1 Series’ default IP address) as the address. If you cannot access the Web configurator, make sure the IP address and subnet mask of the ZyXEL Device and the computer are in the same IP address range.
• Select the Internet mode (Routing) and encapsulation (PPPoE) used by your ISP. • Type your account username and password. • Type your static IP address and DNS server if they are not assigned automatically to your account. Click Apply. Internet Account...
4. If the INTERNET LED is green but the PHONE light is off, activate the VoIP account first. Click VoIP > SIP > SIP Account. Click the Edit icon next to the SIP account. Select Active SIP Account, enter your SIP account number, username and password.
Make Phone Calls Follow these directions to make calls over the Internet. • To dial a SIP number that only uses numbers (for example, “12345”), dial the number on your phone’s keypad. You can also set up a speed-dial entry, if you want. See the User’s Guide for instructions. •...
Declaration of Conformity We, ZyXEL Communications Corp., located at No.6, Innovation Rd II, Science-Park, Hsin-Chu, 300, Taiwan, declare under our sole responsibility that the product: Product information Produced by to which this declaration relates, is in conformity with the following standards or other...