Owner’s Manual before operating the generator. Failure to do so could result in personal injury or equipment damage. and maintenance of the EB3000 and EB4000 in this publication may be reproduced without a permanent part of the generator and...
To ensure safe operation - Place the generator equipment when operating the generator. Operate the generator on a level surface. If the generator is tilted, fuel spillage may result. Exhaust gas contains poisonous carbon monoxide. Never run the generator in an enclosed area. Be sure to provide adequate ventilation.
3. PRE-OPERATION CAUTION: Be sure to check the generator on a level surface with the engine stopped. 1. Check the engine oil level, CAUTION: Engine oil is major factor affecting service life. Non-detergent Use Honda 4-stroke oil, or an equivalent motor oil certified requirements...
NOTE: When the oil runs lower than the specified level during operation, the engine switch automatically turns off through an oil alert system to pro- tect the engine from overheating. If this occurs, add oil to the top of the filler hole neck, then turn the switch on and restart the engine according to the instructions.
2. Check the fuel level. Use automotive gasoline with a research octane of 91 or higher or a pump octane of 86 or higher. Never use an oil/gasoline or water in the fuel tank. CAUTION: Gasoline harmful to the fuel system components. Gasoline is extremely Refuel in a well ventilated area with the engine stopped.
3. Make sure that the AC circuit breakers are OFF. The generator may be hard to start if a load is connected. CIRCUIT BRhAKERS...
4. STARTING THE ENGINE 1. Turn the fuel valve on. FUEL VALVE 2. Pull the choke rod to CLOSE. CHOKE...
3* Make Sure the auto-throttle switch is off, or more time will be required for warm AUTO-THROTTLE SWITCH 4. Turn the engine switch on. ENGfNE SWITCH...
5. Pull the starter grip until compression is felt, then pull briskly. NOTE: Do not allow the starter grip to snap back. Return it slowly by hand. STARTER GRIP 6. Push the choke rod to OPEN as the engine warms up. CHOKE 7.
To prevent electrical shock from faulty appliances, the generator should be grounded. terminal and the ground source. CAUTION: Limit operation requiring maximum power (EB3000 : 3.0 kVA, EB4000 : 4.0 kVA) to 30 minutes. For continuous operation, (EB3000) and 3.8 kVA (EB4000).
AC applications 1. Turn the voltage selector switch to either position as required. When the switch is turned to “12OV ONLY” “12OV/24OV” position, you can use both 12OV and 240V sources. 2. Switch on the AC Circuit Breakers. 3. Plug in the appliance. NOTE: This generator Regulator) for stable voltage supply.
7. MAINTENANCE The purpose of the maintenance schedule and adjustment is to keep the generator in the best operating condition. Inspect or service as scheduled in the table on the next page. Shut off the engine before performing any maintenance. If the engine must be run, make sure the area is well ventilated.
Maintenance Schedule REGULAR SERVICE Inspection Engine oil Change Inspection Air cleaner element Cleaning Fuel filter cleaning Spark plug maintenance Valve clearance adjustment Combustion chamber valve cleaning Fuel line inspection (Replace if necessary) Spark arrester NOTE (1) : Service more frequently .(2) : These items should owner has the proper...
Tool kit The tools supplied are necessary for performing simple adjustments and repairs. Always keep the kit with the generator. Changing oil Drain the oil while the engine is still warm to assure rapid and complete draining. 1. Remove the drain plug and filler cap, and drain the oil. Retighten the plug securely.
Air cleaner service A dirty air cleaner will carburetor malfunction, more frequently when operating the generator in extremely dusty areas. Never use gasoline or low flash point solvents for cleaning the air cleaner element. A fire or explosion could result. CAUTION: Never run the generator without wear may result.
2. Wash the element in a non-flammable or high flash point solvent and dry it thoroughly. 3. Soak the element in clean engine oil and squeeze out the excess oil. 4. Reinstall the air cleaner element and the cover. ELEMENT...
Fuel filter service The filter prevents dirt or water which may be in the fuel tank from entering the carburetor. If the engine has not been run for a long time, the filter should be cleaned. 1. Turn the fuel valve OFF. Remove the filter cup. 2.
Spark plug service Recommended spark plug: BR4HS (NGK) W14FSR-U (ND) To ensure proper engine operation, the spark plug must be properly gapped and free of deposits. 1. Remove the spark plug cover. 2. Clean any dirt from around the spark plug base. 3.
4. Use the wrench supplied in the tool kit to remove the spark plug. 5. Visually inspect the spark plug. Discard it if the insulator chipped. 6. Measure the plug gap with a feeler gauge. The gap should be 0.6-0.7 bending the side electrode.
Spark arrester maintenance If the generator has been running, Allow it to cool before proceeding. CAUTION: The spark arrester must be serviced every 100 hours to maintain its efficiency. 1. Loosen the bolts and nuts and remove the muffler. 2. Loosen two 8 mm bolts to remove the exhaust pipe. 3.
8. TRANSPORTING/STORAGE When transporting keep the generator level to prevent fuel spillage. Fuel vapor or spilled fuel may ignite. Before storing the unit for an extended period: 1. Be sure the storage area is free of excessive humidity 2. Drain the fuel - a.
d. Drain the carburetor by loosening the drain screw. Drain the gasoline into a suitable container. DRAIN SCREW e. Pull the starter grip until resistance is felt; the piston is coming up on its compression stroke. At this position, the exhaust and intake valves are closed, and this will help protect the engine from corrosion.
9. TROUBLESHOOTING A. When the engine will not start: 1, Is there enough fuel? 2. Is the fuel valve on? 3. Is gasoline reaching the carburetor? To check, loosen the drain screw with the fuel valve on. If any fuel is spilled, make sure the area is dry before testing the spark plug or starting the engine.
a. Remove the spark plug cover and cap. Clean any dirt form around the spark plug base, then remove the spark plug. b. Install the spark plug in the plug cap. c. Turn the engine switch on. d. Grounding the side electrode to the stay, pull the recoil starter to see if sparks jump across the gap.
B. When the engine starts but stops immediately: Is there enough oil in the crankcase? If not, the engine switch will turn off after starting. C. No electricity at the AC receptacles: 1. Is the AC circuit breaker on? 2. Check the electrical appliance or equipment for any defects.
Rated output Maximum output 10. SPECIFICATIONS EB3000 : 605 x 425 x 620 mm EB4000 : 650 x 425 x 650 mm EB3000 : 64.5 kg (142.2 lb), EB4000 : 81.5 kg (179.7 lb) Honda G E300 4Stroke, side valve, 1 cylinder (16.6 cu in)
12. HANGER INSTALLATION HANGER 6 mm BOLT CAUTION: Be sure to set the hanger at the position as illustrated below. HANGER FUEt TANK SPARK PLUG COVER...
When you write or call, please provide the following information: • Model and serial numbers • Name of the dealer who sold the Honda power equipment to you • Name and address of the dealer who services your equipment •...