To prevent injury or fire, take the following
• Mounting and wiring this product requires skills and
experience. For safety's sake, leave the mounting and
wiring work to professionals.
• When extending the ignition, battery, or ground wires,
make sure to use automotive-grade wires or other wires
with the range of 5 mm2 (AWG 10) or more to prevent
wire deterioration and damage to the wire coating.
• To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any metallic
objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit.
• If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange smells, turn
off the power immediately and consult your Kenwood
• Do not touch the unit during use because the surface of
the unit becomes hot and may cause burns if touched.
To prevent damage to the machine, take the following
• Be sure the unit is connected to a 12V DC power supply
with a negative ground connection.
• Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
• Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places
with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing.
• When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with the
prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong rating
may cause your unit to malfunction.
• To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse, first
disconnect the wiring harness.
• If you experience problems during installation, consult
your Kenwood dealer.
• If the unit does not seem to be working right, consult
your Kenwood dealer.
Cleaning the unit
If the front panel gets dirty, turn off the power and wipe
the panel with a dry silicon cloth or soft cloth.
Do not wipe the panel with a hard cloth or a cloth
dampened by volatile solvents such as paint thinner and
alcohol. They can scratch the surface of the panel and/or
cause the indicator letters to peel off.
To prevent battery rise
When the unit is used in the ACC ON position without
turning the engine ON, it depletes the battery. Use it after
starting the engine.
The protection function is activated in the following
This unit is equipped with a protection function for
protecting this unit and your speakers from various
accidents or problems that can occur.
When the protection function is triggered, the power
indicator goes off and the amplifier stops operating.
• When a speaker wire may be short-circuited.
• When a speaker output contacts ground.
• When the unit malfunctions and a DC signal is sent to
the speaker output.
• Take the battery wire for this unit directly from the
battery. If it's connected to the vehicle's wiring harness, it
can cause blown fuses etc.
• If a buzzing noise is heard from the speakers when the
engine is running, connect a line noise filter (optional) to
each of the battery wire.
• Do not allow the wire to directly contact the edge of the
iron plate by using Grommets.
• Connect the ground wire to a metal part of the car
chassis that acts as an electrical ground passing
electricity to the battery's negative
turn the power on if the ground wire is not connected.
• Be sure to install a protective fuse in the power cord
near the battery. The protective fuse should be the same
capacity as the unit's fuse capacity or somewhat larger.
• For the power cord and ground, use a vehicle type
(fireproof ) power wring cord. (Use a power wiring cord
with the range of 5 mm2 (AWG 10) or more.)
• When more than one power amplifier are going to be
used, use a power supply wiring wire and protective
fuse of greater current-handling capacity than the total
maximum current drawn by each amplifier.
• The rated input power of the speakers that are going
to be connected should be greater than the maximum
output power (in Watts) of the amplifier. Use of speakers
having input power ratings that are less than the output
power of the amplifier will cause smoke to be emitted as
well as damage.
• The impedance of the speakers that are going to
be connected should be 2Ω or greater (for stereo
connections), or 4Ω or greater (for bridged connections).
When more than one set of speakers are going to
be used, calculate the combined impedance of the
speakers and then connect suitable speakers to the
terminal. Do not