fire, take the following
• Mounting and wiring this product requires skills and
experience. For safety's sake, leave the mounting and
wiring work to professionals.
• When extending the ignition, battery, or ground
wires, make sure to use automotive-grade wires or
other wires with the range of 14 mm
(AWG 6) to
prevent wire deterioration and
damage to the wire coating.
• To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any
metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside
• If the unit starts to emit smoke or stran(je smells,
turn off the power immediately and consult your
• Do not touch the unit during use because the
surface of the unit becomes hot and may cause
burns if touched.
the machine, take the
• Be sure the unit is connected to
12V DC power
supply with a negative ground connection.
• Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit.
• Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct
sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid
places with too much dust or the possibility of water
• When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with the
prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong rating
may cause your unit to malfunction.
• To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse, first
disconnect the wiring harness.
This equipment may generate or use radio
frequency energy. Changes or modifications to this
equipment may cause harmful interference unless
the modifications are expressly approved in the
instruction manual. The user could lose the authority
to operate this equipment if an unauthorized change
or modification is made.
This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits for a Class B digital device,
pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC fiules. These limits are
designed to provide reasonable protection against
harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment may cause harmful interference to radio
communications, if it is not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions. However, there
is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause
harmful interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the equipment
off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct
the interference by one or more of the following
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that to which the receiver is
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radioffV
technician for help.
digital apparatus complies with Canadian
• If you experience problems during installation,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
• If the unit does not seem to be working right,
consult your Kenwood dealer.
Declaration of Conformity with
regard to the EMC Directive
2967-3 Ishikawa-machi, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo,
Kenwood Electronics Europe BV