before the system restarts or enters sleep or hibernation mode.
• If the computer needs to boot from the drive, it is recommended to
connect the drive to the notebook directly instead of connecting it
to the ultrabase, dock, or port replicator.
Loading the media
To load the media into the disc tray of the drive, do the following:
1. Press the Eject button of the drive to open the disc tray.
2. Place the medium on the tray with the label facing upward. Align the
center hole of the medium with the clamp at the center of the tray and
securely fit the medium in by pressing the outer vicinity of the center
3. Gently close the disc tray and push the disc tray in until it is completely
4. The LED indicator glitters if the medium is correctly loaded and
recognized by the drive.
Removing the drive
Windows XP , Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems have the
native drivers for USB DVD burner. When the drive is connected, Windows
will automatically install the appropriate driver and the drive will be ready
for use. You do not have to perform any special installation or removal
procedures. However, to avoid any data error, it is recommended that you
remove the drive from your system by performing the following procedure.