1. Exit the program that uses the drive.
2. Make sure that the LED indicator of the drive is off.
3. Click the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the system tray.
4. Select the drive name to remove. The Safe to Remove Hardware
confirmation window opens.
Note: The confirmation window message indicated above may differ
depending on the versions of your operating system. Refer to the
instruction manual of your computer or operating system for details.
5. Click OK. The drive is safely removed from the system.
6. Remove the USB data cable from the USB connector of the computer.
Maintaining the drive
This section provides maintenance information for the drive.
Caring for the drive
To protect your drive during operation, observe these precautions:
• Remove the medium from the drive before moving the drive.
• Do not insert foreign objects into the drive.
• Do not stack objects on the drive.
• Do not remove the drive cover or attempt to service the drive.
• Do not push hard on the top of the drive.
• Do not operate the drive under any of these conditions: