Waveband selector (
Tuning regulator (
FM Stereo display (
Volume regulator (
Function switch (
Power cable connection
Battery compartment lid
(3,5 mm Jackplug Stereo)
Before first use
• Remove the CD-Player with Radio and the acces-
sories from the trans-port packaging.
• Remove all transport fixing items and adhesive
Do not permit small children to play with the
plastic packaging. There is a risk of them suffo-
• Place the CD-Player with Radio on a level hori-
zontal surface. Place the CD-Player with Radio
so, that the flap of the CD compartment can be
completely opened. For this, the carrying handle
must be folded back.
If you wish to operate the CD Player with Radio by
battery power, you must first insert 6 x 1,5 V batte-
ries of the type D/LR20 into the battery compart-
ment (batteries are not supplied).
• Open the battery compartment on the appliance
• Insert the batteries into the battery compartment,
taking note of the outlined polarities in the bat-
• Carefully close the battery compartment lid until
it clicks into place.
Interaction with batteries
Leaking batteries can cause damage to the
CD-Player with Radio.
• If you do not intend to use the CD-Player
with Radio for an extended period, remove
• Always exchange the batteries in a timely
manner and use batteries of the same type.
• Should the batteries leak, wear protective
gloves and clean the battery compartment
with a dry cloth.
Providing mains power
• Insert the connector of the power cable into the
power cable plug at the rear of the appliance.
• Insert the plug of the power cable into a wall po-
The CD Player with Radio automatically recognises
when the power cable is connected to a mains po-
wer socket and switches itself into mains power ope-
- 4 -