Loading cutlery and dishes
• Cutlery with wooden, horn, china or mother-
• Plastic items that are not heat resistant.
• Older cutlery with glued parts that are not
• Bonded cutlery items or dishes.
• Pewter or copper items.
• Lead crystal glass.
• Steel items prone to rusting.
• Wooden platters.
• Items made from synthetics fibres.
Open the door and slide out the baskets to load the dishes.
The lower basket
Load larger and heavily soiled dishes and pans
in the lower basket.
For washing in the dishwasher the following cutlery and dishes
are not suitable:
are of limited suitability:
• Only wash stoneware in the dishwasher if it
is specially marked as being dishwasher-safe
by the manufacturer.
• Glazed patterns may fade if machine washed
• Silver and aluminium parts have a tendency
to discolour during washing: Residues, e.g.
egg white, egg yolk and mustard often cause
discolouring and staining on silver. Therefore
always clean left-overs from silver
immediately, if it is not to be washed straight