Please comply with these instructions. If you
do not, any damage resulting is not covered
by the warranty.
This appliance conforms with the following EU
– 73/23/EEC dated 19.02.1973 Low Voltage Direc-
– 89/336/EEC dated 03.05.1989 EMC Directive in-
clusive of Amending Directive 92/31/EEC
– 93/68/EEC dated 22.07.1993 CE Marking Directive
• This appliance should be used only for normal do-
mestic cooking and frying of food.
• The appliance must not be used as a work surface
or as a storage surface.
• Additions or modifications to the appliance are not
• Small children must be kept away from the appli-
• Only let bigger children work on the appliance un-
• The appliance may only be installed and connect-
ed by trained, registered service engineers.
• Built-in appliances may only be used after they
have built in to suitable built-in units and work sur-
faces that meet standards.
• In the event of faults with the appliance or damage
to the glass ceramic (cracks, scratches or splits),
the appliance must be switched off and discon-
nected from the electrical supply, to prevent the
possibility of an electric shock.
• Repairs to the appliance must only be carried out
by trained registered service engineers.
Safety during use
• Remove stickers and film from the glass ceramic.
• There is the risk of burns from the appliance if used
• Cables from electrical appliances must not touch
the hot surface of the appliance or hot cookware.
• Overheated fats and oils can ignite quickly. When
cooking with fat or oil (e.g. chips) do not leave the
• Switch the cooking zones off after each use.
Safety when cleaning
• For cleaning, the appliance must be switched off
and cooled down.
• For safety reasons, the cleaning of the appliance
with steam jet or high-pressure cleaning equip-
ment is not permitted.
How to avoid damage to the appli-
• The glass ceramic can be damaged by objects fall-
ing onto it.
• The edge of the glass ceramic can be damaged by
being knocked by the cookware.
• Cookware made of cast iron, cast aluminium or
with damaged bottoms can scratch the glass ce-
ramic if pushed across the surface.
• Objects that melt and things that boil over can
burn onto the glass ceramic and should be re-
• Do not use the cooking zones with empty cook-
ware or without cookware.