Do not remove wood base until you are ready to install the
dishwasher. The dishwasher will tip over when the door is opened
if base is removed.
No quite la base de madera hasta que esté listo para instalar el
lavaplatos. Si se quita la base, el lavaplatos se volcará cuando se abra
STEP 1: PREPARATION
Locate the items in the installation package and set aside for
use in the listed steps:
• Screw kit – Steps 5 or 18 and 15
• Junction box cover – Step 5 or 18
• Drain hose and clamp – Step 7
• Drain hose hanger – Step 17
• Trim pieces (some models) – Step 11
• Owner's Manual - Steps 19 and 22
• Product Samples and/or coupons – Step 22
• Side-mount kit – Step 12
STEP 2: CHECK DOOR BALANCE
• With dishwasher on the wood base, check the door balance
by opening and closing the door.
• Door is properly balanced if it gently drops from a 1/2 open
position and does not rise from the full open position.
• If necessary increase or decrease tension as shown. Latch
door and adjust both springs to the same tension setting to
Tip: Make sure door opens and closes smoothly.
Check door opening and closing. If door does not open easily
or falls too quickly, check spring cable routing. The cable is held
in place by "shoulders" on the pulley. Check to be sure cable
has not slipped over the pulley shoulders.
STEP 3: REMOVE WOOD BASE,
INSTALL LEVELING LEGS
Damage will occur.
• Move the dishwasher close to the installation location and lay
it on its back.
• Remove the four leveling legs on the underside of the wood
base with a 15/16" socket wrench.
• Discard base.
• Screw leveling legs back into the dishwasher frame,
approximately 1/8" from frame as shown.
STEP 4: REMOVE TOEKICK
• Remove the 2 toekick screws and toekick. Set aside for use in
Do not kick off wood base!