Before you call for service...
Snags, holes, tears, rips
or excessive wear
Washer is noisy
Labels on the exterior
of the washer will not
peel off cleanly
Result of normal wear on
poly-cotton blends and
Pins, snaps, hooks, sharp
buttons, belt buckles,
zippers, and sharp objects
left in pockets
Undiluted chlorine bleach
Chemicals like hair bleach
or dye, permanent wave
incorrect water level
Incorrect wash and
Repeated washing in
water that is too hot
Washer is uneven
Washer load is
Shipping rod is still assembled
Washer is sitting too close
to wall (causes knocking
Occasionally the adhesive
used on the labels does
not release cleanly
What To Do
• While this is not caused by the washer, you can slow the
pilling process by washing garments inside out.
• Fasten snaps, hooks, buttons, and zippers.
• Remove loose items like pins, objects in pockets
and sharp buttons.
• Turn knits (which snag easily) inside out.
• Check bleach package instructions for proper amount.
• Never add undiluted bleach to wash or allow clothes
to come in contact with undiluted bleach.
• Rinse items that may have chemicals on them before
• Avoid mixing heavy items (like work clothes) with
light items (like blouses).
• Try a fabric softener.
• Load your washer so clothes have enough room
to move freely.
• Match Cycle selection to the type of fabric you are
washing (especially for easy care loads).
• Wash in warm or cold water.
What To Do
• To level the front of the washer, adjust the front leveling
legs by rotating the individual leg in the proper direction
for up or down. To level back of washer, lift back of
machine 4 (11 cm) and set down.
• Press PAUSE to stop the washer, open the lid and
redistribute the load evenly. Close the lid and press
• To remove shipping rod from washer, pull yellow tag and
attached rod from the bottom right hand side of washer.
• Pull washer away from the wall; about 4 (11 cm)
What To Do
• Use a hair dryer set at the lowest heat setting, directing
the air at the label for a short amount of time. This will
release the adhesive easily, without damaging the surface
of the washer.