Before you call for service...
Save time and money! Review the charts on the following
pages first and you may not need to call for service.
temperature is incorrect
in the About washer
Too many suds
Water pumped out
before cycle is
Water won't drain
The washer is in a cold rinse cycle • This is normal. The PerfecTemp feature is designed not
All the water in the water heater
has been used
Type of detergent
Very soft water
Too much detergent
Fill hoses or drain hose is
Household drain may
Constant water pressure
to the fill hoses at the
Using too much detergent
Control is not set properly
Water supply is turned off
or improperly connected
Water valve screens are
House water heater is
not set properly
Lid lifted or cycle was put in
pause for over 24 hours
Drain hose is kinked or
What To Do
to activate during a cold rinse cycle so that the coldest
water available is used.
• Wait until the water in the water heater is heated to the
What To Do
• Switch to a lower sudsing detergent brand and follow
instructions on package.
• Try less detergent.
• Measure your detergent carefully. Use less soap if you
have soft water, a smaller load, or a lightly soiled load.
• Make sure hose connections are tight at faucets and make
sure end of drain hose is correctly inserted in and secured
to drain facility.
• Check household plumbing. You may need to call a
• Tighten hoses at the faucets and turn the water off after
• Check condition of the fill hoses; they may need
replacement after 5 years.
• Use less detergent. Use less soap if you have soft water, a
smaller load, or a lightly soiled load.
• Check water temperature control and adjust.
• Turn both hot and cold faucets fully on and make sure
hoses are connected to correct faucets.
• Turn off the water source and remove the water connection
hoses from the upper back of the washer. Use a brush or
toothpick to clean the screens in the machine. Reconnect
the hoses and turn the water back on.
• Make sure house water heater is delivering water
• Reset cycle.
• Straighten drain hose and make sure washer is not sitting
• Top of drain outlet should be less than 8 ft (2.5 m)