About the AIT Drive
The SDX-400V is an internal AIT drive unit that uses data cartridges
conforming to the AIT-1 format.
The AIT drive unit SDX-400V has the following features:
• Supports reading and writing to data cartridges conforming to the AIT-1
• Read-After-Write function and third-level error correction code
guarantee high data reliability.
• Data compression provides 91 gigabytes of storage on 230 m tape-length
The native capacity is 35 gigabytes of storage on 230 m tape-length
• Stored data is automatically checked for compression.
• Wide Ultra SCSI LVD/SE interface is fully supported for host computer
This is assuming 2.6 : 1 compression ratio.
The degree of data compression attained while recording data varies according to
system environment and data type.