1. Plug the telephone line cord into PHONE LINE jack on the back of the unit
and the other end into a modular jack RJ11C .
2. Plug the handset cord into the handset and into the telephone jack on the
left side of the unit.
3. Set the PULSE/TONE switch on the left side of the phone to TONE if you use
touch-tone service; set it to PULSE if you have rotary service.
4. Adjust the RINGER volume switch on the left side of the phone to the
desired setting (the phone will only ring with the ringer set to LO or HI).
5. Adjust the ANSWERER volume switch on the right side of the phone to the
6. Plug the AC power adapter into the phone and into an AC outlet.
NOTE: Only use the Thomson 5-2399 AC adapter that came with this unit.
Using other adapters may damage the unit.
NOTE: Make sure that you have inserted the battery before installing the
phone. If you have not, see p. 3 for battery installation information.
RINGER volume switch