Lint Cleaning Instructions (con't)
If your dryer is gas and has a full front panel, remove front panel as follows:
This should be done only by a qualified person.
Remove screws before opening top
Drum seal (see view D)
panel wire clips
Lo_er clip (see view B)
I. Unplug the power supply cord or
turn off the electrical power.
2. Open lint screen lid. Remove two
screws in lint screen area.
3. Open top by pulling forward and up
at each front comer (see view A).
Rest raised top against wall behind
dryer (top is hinged at rear).
4. Remove two internal screws from
front panel flanges (near top front
Lift front panel slightly,
lifting off lower clips (see view 13).
Slowly pull front panel forward,
disengaging panel from drum.
(Drum will drop slightly.)
5. Move front panel aside and rest edge
against side of dryer. Avoid
disconnecting wire clips (seeviewC)
6. Remove lint from area shown in "gas
dryer" illustration on page 19 with
soft brush or vacuum cleaner.
wires, funnel or igniter.
in reverse order.
closing the top, check the following.
- Drum seal must be flared out
(see view D) and properly positioned
against panel at back of drum.
Rotate drum counterclockwise one
full turn to check drum seal.
- Belt should be centered and tight
on dryer drum.
- Wire clips which hold the door
switch wires must be anchored
slot in top of front panel (see view
C) and along top edge of side
Door wires must not touch
drum when dryer is operating.
See warning page 19.
8. Replace top panel and lint screen
screws. Top and front panels must
be securely in place before operating
9. Reconnect power and level dryer
again (if necessary).