64 - Frequently asked questions
• The volume may be muted. Look at the volume control (speaker)
icon in the taskbar. If it is crossed-out, click the icon and deselect the
Mute all option.
• The volume level may be too low. Check the volume from the
volume control (speaker) icon in the taskbar. You can also use the
volume control buttons to adjust the volume.
• If headphones, earphones or external speakers are connected to
the headphone jack on the computer, the internal speakers
automatically turn off.
I want to eject the optical drive tray without turning on the power.
There is a mechanical eject hole on the optical drive. Simply insert the
tip of a pen or straightened-out paperclip into the hole and push to
eject the tray.
The keyboard does not respond.
Try attaching an external keyboard to a USB port on the computer. If it
works, contact your dealer or an authorized service center as the
internal keyboard cable may be loose.
The printer does not work.
Check the following:
• Make sure that the printer is connected to a power outlet and that it
is turned on.
• Make sure that the printer cable is connected securely to a USB port
and the corresponding port on the printer.