• Store the battery pack in a cool, dry place. The recommended
temperature is 10° C (50° F) to 30° C (86° F). Higher temperatures
cause the battery to self-discharge faster.
• Excessive recharging decreases the battery life.
• Look after your AC adapter and battery.
Checking the battery level
The power meter indicates the current battery level. Rest the cursor
over the battery/power icon on the taskbar to see the battery's present
When using battery power pay attention to the power meter.
Connect the AC adapter as soon as possible after the battery-low
warning appears. Data may be lost if the battery is allowed to become
fully depleted and the computer shuts down.
When the battery-low warning appears, the recommended course of
action depends on your situation:
The AC adapter
and a power
An extra fully
pack is available.
1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer, and
then connect to the main power supply.
2. Save all necessary files.
3. Resume work.
Turn off the computer if you want to recharge
the battery rapidly.
1. Save all necessary files.
2. Close all applications.
3. Turn off the computer.
4. Replace the battery pack.
5. Turn on the computer and resume work.
Battery pack - 49