72 - Frequently asked questions
How do I install apps?
You can download Windows Store apps from Store. You will need to
have a Microsoft ID to purchase and download apps from Store.
I can't find apps like Notepad and Paint! Where are they?
Move your cursor to the upper right-hand corner of the screen and
click Search, type the name of the app you would like to open using
the pop-up keyboard. Alternatively, open All apps and scroll to
'Windows Accessories' to see the list of legacy programs.
Can I use more than one app at a time?
1. Click on a tile to open an app from the Start screen.
2. Return to the Start screen and repeat the process.
3. Swipe right from the left edge of the screen to display the last app
that was opened.
4. Swipe right from the left edge of the screen until you see a column
divider to display both apps simultaneously. Up to three apps may
be displayed via three columns at the same time.
This function is limited to devices with a screen resolution higher than 1366
x 768 pixels.
Can I show my desktop apps first?
Yes, you can, just follow these steps:
1. Go to the desktop.
2. Right-click the taskbar and select Properties from the menu that
3. From the Navigation tab, check List desktop apps first in the Apps
view when it's sorted by category.
What is a Microsoft ID (account)?
A Microsoft account is an email address and password that you use to
sign in to Windows. You can use any email address, but it is best if
you choose the one you already use to communicate with friends and
sign in to your favorite websites. When you sign in to your PC with a