When you are moving from country to country.
Preparing the computer
Prepare the computer as you would normally prepare it for traveling.
What to bring with you
Bring the following items with you:
• AC adapter.
• Power cords that are appropriate for your destination(s).
• Spare, fully-charged battery pack(s).
• Additional printer driver files if you plan to use another printer.
• Proof of purchase, in case you need to show it to customs officials.
• International Travelers Warranty passport.
Follow the same special considerations as when traveling with the
In addition, these tips are useful when traveling internationally:
• When traveling in another country, check that the local AC voltage
and the AC adapter power cord specifications are compatible. If not,
purchase a power cord that is compatible with the local AC voltage.
Do not use converter kits sold for appliances to power the computer.
• If you are using the modem, check if the modem and connector are
compatible with the telecommunications system of the country you
are traveling in.
Traveling with your computer - 55