POWER AMPLIFIER: InstRuctIOns
УСИЛИТЕЛЬ МОЩНОСТИ: ИНСТРУКЦИИ ПО ЭКСПЛУАТАЦИИ
Thank you for purchasing a JVC product.
If you have any questions or require information regarding installation kits, consult your "JVC IN-
CAR ENTERTAINMENT" or a company supplying the kits.
• Stop the car before performing any complicated operations.
CAUTIONS AND NOTES
This unit is designed to operate on 12 V DC, NEGATIVE ground electrical systems.
JVC recommends consulting a qualified technician for installation.
• This unit uses BTL (Balanced Transformerless) amplifier circuitry, i.e., floating ground system,
so comply with the following:
– Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to each other.
– Do not connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to the metal body or chassis.
• Cover the unused leads with insulating tape to prevent them from short circuiting.
• When an extension lead is used, it should be as thick and short as possible; connect it firmly
with insulating tape.
• Be sure to leave an appropriate space between the antenna (aerial) and the wires of this unit.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires aren't touching to cause a short circuit then replace
the old fuse with one with the same rating.
• Do not let pebbles, sand or metallic objects get inside the unit.
• To keep the heat dissipation mechanism running effectively, wipe the accumulated dust off
• Listening to the tape, radio, CD or digital audio player, etc. with the volume set at a high level
for a long period of time will exhaust the battery, while the engine is turned off or while the
engine is idling.
• This unit becomes very hot. Be careful not to touch the unit not only when using but after using.
DO NOT disassemble the unit since there are no user serviceable parts inside.
The following illustration shows a typical installation. However, you should make adjustments
corresponding to your specific car.
Location of the unit
Onto the trunk floor
Under the front seat
Install the unit
φ 4 × 20 mm (
"SOME DOS AND DON'TS ON THE SAFE USE OF EQUIPMENT"
This equipment has been designed and manufactured to meet international safety standards but, like any electrical
equipment, care must be taken if you are to obtain the best results and safety is to be assured.
DO read the operating instructions before you attempt to use the equipment.
DO ensure that all electrical connections (including the mains plug, extension leads and interconnections between
pieces of equipment) are properly made and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Switch off and
withdraw the mains plug when making or changing connections.
DO consult your dealer if you are ever in doubt about the installation, operation or safety of your equipment.
DO be careful with glass panels or doors on equipment.
DON'T continue to operate the equipment if you are in any doubt about it working normally, or if it is damaged in any
way–switch off, withdraw the mains plug and consult your dealer.
DON'T remove any fixed cover as this may expose dangerous voltages.
DON'T leave equipment switched on when it is unattended unless it is specifically stated that it is designed for
unattended operation or has a standby mode. Switch off using the switch on the equipment and make sure that your
family know how to do this. Special arrangements may need to be made for infirm or handicapped people.
DON'T use equipment such as personal stereos or radios so that you are distracted from the requirements of traffic
safety. It is illegal to watch television whilst driving.
DON'T listen to headphones at high volume as such use can permanently damage your hearing.
DON'T obstruct the ventilation of the equipment, for example with curtains or soft furnishings. Overheating will cause
damage and shorten the life of the equipment.
DON'T use makeshift stands and NEVER fix legs with wood screws–to ensure complete safety always fit the
manufacturer's approved stand or legs with the fixings provided according to the instructions.
DON'T allow electrical equipment to be exposed to rain or moisture.
— NEVER let anyone, especially children, push anything into holes, slots or any other opening in the case — this could
result in a fatal electrical shock.
— NEVER guess or take chances with electrical equipment of any kind–it is better to be safe than sorry!
• Mount this unit on a firm surface, such as in the
trunk or under the front seat.
• Since heat is generated in the unit, do not
mount it near inflammable objects. In addition,
mount it in an area that will not prevent the unit
from dissipating the heat.
• Do not mount the unit in the places subject to
heat: near a radiator, in a glove compartment or
in insulated areas such as under a car mat that
will prevent the unit from dissipating heat.
• When mounting the unit under the front seat,
make sure that adjusting the seat position will
not catch any wire of the unit.
• When mounting this unit, be sure to use the
• If any other screws are used, there is a risk of
loosening the unit or damaging the parts under
the car floor.
• Before drilling holes in the trunk to install the
unit, make sure that there is a sufficient space
under the trunk so that you do not drill holes in
the fuel tank, etc.
To prevent short circuits while making connections, keep the battery's negative terminal
• When using a power cord (purchased separately), be sure to place the fuse near the battery as
• Connect the lead wire (power cord) through which power is supplied directly to the battery's
"ª" terminal only after all the other connections have been made.
The proper lead wire connected to each POWER terminal is as follows.
• + B and GND: AWG 8 to AWG 4 (The cross section is about 8 mm
• REM: AWG 18 to AWG 8 (The cross section is about 0.8 mm
a When you use JVC car receiver with a remote lead, connect to the REM terminal on this unit.
b When you connect a unit without a remote lead, connect to the accessory circuit of the car
which is activated by the ignition switch. In this case, noise may occur when the car receiver
is turned on or off. To avoid this noise, do not turn on or off the car receiver itself. You can turn
on or off the car receiver along with the on/off operation of the ignition switch.
When making terminal connections, properly fix each terminal with the provided screw by turning
it as illustrated.
• Use ring terminals (not provided) for secure connection.
• Make sure the screw is fixed in place to prevent disconnections.
• Avoid over-tightening as it may cause the damage to the screw or its
• Be sure not to connect the "·" terminals of the speakers to a common point.
• If the same lead is used for both left/right or front/rear speaker wirings, this unit cannot be used.
Always use the independent leads for each speaker. In this case, redo the wirings.
• Use the speakers with an impedance of 2 Ω to 8 Ω (4 Ω to 8 Ω: when used in Bridge Mode).
• Use the speakers which have sufficient capacity to the unit.
The proper lead connected to each SPEAKER OUTPUT terminal is as follows.
KS-AX3204/KS-AX3202: AWG 18 to AWG 12 (The cross section is about 0.8 mm
KS-AX3201D: AWG 18 to AWG 8 (The cross section is about 0.8 mm
Declaration of Conformity with regard to the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC
JVC KENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriyacho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 221-0022, Japan
JVC Technical Services Europe GmbH
Postfach 10 05 04, 61145 Friedberg, Germany
Dear JVC Customer in USA,
We suggest that you register your product since it will enable us to contact you directly if it is
ever necessary to correct a safety related condition in your product.
You can register at www.register.jvc.com
Please note that failure to register does not diminish any of your rights during the warranty
Information on Disposal of Old Electrical and Electronic Equipment (applicable for
countries that have adopted separate waste collection systems)
Products with the symbol (crossed-out wheeled bin) cannot be disposed as
household waste. Old electrical and electronic equipment should be recycled at
a facility capable of handling these items and their waste by products. Contact
your local authority for details in locating a recycle facility nearest to you. Proper
recycling and waste disposal will help conserve resources whilst preventing
detrimental effects on our health and the environment.
For Customer Use:
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No. which
are located on the top or bottom of the cabinet.
Retain this information for future reference.
© 2012 JVC KENWOOD Corporation
To metallic body or chassis
(To an accessory terminal)
Remote turn-on line
to 8 mm
* Not Supplied
JVC car receiver, etc.
to 21 mm
to 3.3 mm
to 8 mm