SPF200-USB Fingerprint Sensor
The Fujitsu SPF200-USB fingerprint sensor quickly captures the
image of the fingerprint, analyzes it and compares it to a
previously registered fingerprint template. The Fujitsu SPF200-
USB fingerprint sensor consists of a 256 column x 300 row
array of tiny metal electrodes. Each electrode acts as one plate in
a capacitor and the finger acts as the second plate in a capacitor.
• Computer peripherals – improves security and convenience
• Physical access systems – approval for entry
• Transportation systems – validation of operators, drivers
• Medical equipment – authorization of operator or technician
• Power: 5 volts DC (from USB)
• Operating Current: 18 milliamps
• Standby Current: 500 microamps
• Fingerprint Sensor: MBF200
• Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C
• Storage Temperature: -65 to 150°C
• Resolution: 500 DPI, 8-bit grayscale
FUJITSU MICROELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC.
1250 E. Arques Avenue, M/S 333, Sunnyvale, CA 94085-5401
Tel: (800) 866-8608 Fax: (408) 737-5999
E-mail: email@example.com Web Site: http://us.fujitsu.com/micro
A passivation layer on the surface of the device forms a tough
outer shell, protecting the device from abrasion, chemicals,
moisture and other forms of damage. The SPF200-USB is
manufactured in standard CMOS technology, a mature and
cost effective manufacturing method.
• Kiosks and vending machines – confirmation of person
receiving the selection
• Point of Sale terminals – authentication of tellers and
© 2006 Fujitsu Microelectronics America, Inc.
All company and product names are trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Printed in the U.S.A. BMS-FS-21165-3/2006