This product conforms to new cord colors.
Printed in Japan
Connecting the Units
• To avoid the risk of accident and the potential vio-
lation of applicable laws, the front DVD or TV
• PIONEER does not recommend that you
(sold separately) feature should never be used
install or service your display yourself.
while the vehicle is being driven. Also, Rear
Installing or servicing the product may
Displays should not be in a location where it is a
expose you to risk of electric shock or
visible distraction to the driver.
other hazards. Refer all installation and
• In some countries or states the viewing of images
on a display inside a vehicle even by persons other
servicing of your display to authorized
than the driver may be illegal. Where such regula-
Pioneer service personnel.
tions apply, they must be obeyed and this unit's
• Secure all wiring with cable clamps or
DVD features should not be used.
electrical tape. Do not allow any bare
wiring to remain exposed.
• Do not drill a hole into the engine com-
partment to connect the yellow lead of
the unit to the vehicle battery. Engine
vibration may eventually cause the insu-
lation to fail at the point where the wire
passes from the passenger compartment
into the engine compartment. Take extra
care in securing the wire at this point.
• It is extremely dangerous to allow the
display lead to become wound around
the steering column or gearshift. Be sure
to install the display in such a way that it
will not obstruct driving.
• Make sure that wires will not interfere
with moving parts of the vehicle, such as
the gearshift, parking brake or seat slid-
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the
protection circuit may fail to work prop-
LIGHT GREEN LEAD AT POWER CONNEC-
TOR IS DESIGNED TO DETECT PARKED
STATUS AND MUST BE CONNECTED TO
THE POWER SUPPLY SIDE OF THE PARK-
ING BRAKE SWITCH. IMPROPER CONNEC-
TION OR USE OF THIS LEAD MAY VIOLATE
APPLICABLE LAW AND MAY RESULT IN
SERIOUS INJURY OR DAMAGE.
• When an external power amp is being used with
• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery and
this system, be sure not to connect the blue/white
negative grounding. Before installing it in a recre-
lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do not
ational vehicle, truck, or bus, check the battery
connect the blue/white lead to the power terminal
of the auto-antenna. Such connection could cause
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be sure to
excessive current drain and malfunction.
disconnect the ≠ battery cable before beginning
• To avoid a short-circuit, cover the disconnected
lead with insulating tape. Insulate the unused
speaker leads without fail. There is a possibility of
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on
a short-circuit if the leads are not insulated.
connecting the power amp and other units, then
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input side of
make connections correctly.
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhesive
the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the output side
tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive tape
is black. Connect the connectors of the same
around them where they lie against metal parts.
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch any
• This unit cannot be installed in a vehicle that
moving parts, such as the gear shift, handbrake and
does not have an ACC (accessory) position on
seat rails. Do not route wiring in places that get
the ignition switch. (Fig. 1)
hot, such as near the heater outlet. If the insulation
of the wiring melts or gets torn, there is a danger of
the wiring short-circuiting to the vehicle body.
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into the
engine compartment to connect to the battery. This
will damage the lead insulation and cause a very
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection
circuit may fail to work when it should.
No ACC position
• Never feed power to other equipment by cutting
the insulation of the power supply lead of the unit
and tapping into the lead. The current capacity of
the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.
• When replacing the fuse, be sure to only use a fuse
of the rating prescribed on the fuse holder.
• The black lead is ground. Please ground this lead
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed, never
separately from the ground of high-current prod-
wire so the speaker leads are directly grounded or
ucts such as power amps.
the left and right ≠ speaker leads are common.
If you ground the products together and the ground
• If the RCA pin jack on the unit will not be used, do
becomes detached, there is a risk of damage to the
not remove the caps attached to the end of the con-
products or fire.
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power with minimum rating of 50 W and imped-
ance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers with out-
• Cords for this product and those for other products
put and/or impedance values other than those
may be different colors even if they have the same
noted here may result in the speakers
function. When connecting this product to another
catching fire, emitting smoke or becoming dam-
product, refer to the supplied manuals of both
products and connect cords that have the same
• When this product's source is switched ON, a con-
trol signal is output through the blue/white lead.
Connect to an external power amp's system remote
control or the car's Auto-antenna relay control ter-
minal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). If the car features
a glass antenna, connect to the antenna booster
power supply terminal.