IfYou NeedService OrAssistance
1. Before calling for assistance...
Performance problems often result from
little things you can find and fix yourself
without tools of any kind.
If your dryer does not run:
• Is the power supply plugged into a live
circuit with the proper voltage?
• Is the door closed tightly?
• Did you push the Start Button?
• Have you checked your home's main
fuses or circuit breaker box?
If your dryer does not heat:
• The FLUFF AIR setting is without heat.
• The last minutes of heat settings are
• Is the gas turned on? If not, turn the
Cycle Control Knob to OFE Turn on
gas. Wait 5 minutes. Reset controls
• An electric dryer uses a circuit breaker
or 2 fuses. If one fuse is blown, the
dryer may run, but not heat.
If drying time seems too long.
• Is the lint screen clean? See page 10
for cleaning instructions.
• See the Dryer Guide.
2. If you need assistance*...
number. Dial free from anywhere
in the U.S.:
and talk with one of our trained consul-
tants. The consultant can instruct you in
how to obtain satisfactory operation
from your appliance or, if service is nec-
essary, recommend a qualified service
company in your area.
If you prefer, write to:
Mr. Donald Skinner
Director of Consumer Relations
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
Please include a daytime phone
number in your correspondence.
3. If you need service*...
Whirlpool has a
_- nationwide network
= SERVICE of authorized
Whirlpool sM service
Whirlpool service technicians are trained
to fulfill the product warranty and provide
after-warranty service, anywhere in the
United States. To locate the authorized
Whirlpool service company in your area,
call our COOL-LINE ® service assistance
telephone number (see Step 2) or look in
your telephone directory Yellow Pages
AUTHORIZED WHIRLPOOL SERVICE
XYZ SERVICE CO