Kitchen/kid" UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER " LAVE-VAISSELLE ENCASTRE ,_***,uc_ u.,isation et d'ent_ €- :ea Table of Contents/Table des mati_res ....2 Save Water • no pre-rinsing Economie d' eau sans prenncage Models/ModUles KUDS25SH and KUDC25CH 9744039 www.kitchenaid.com...
TABLEOF TABLEDES MATIERES CONTENTS LA S#CURITE DU LAVE-VAISSELLE ......24 DISHWASHER SAFETY ........... Avant d'utiliser le lave-vaisselle ........25 Before Using Your Dishwasher......... 4 PARTS AND FEATURES ..........PI#CES ET CARACTleRISTIQUES ......... 26 START-UP GUIDE ............... 7 GUIDE DE MISE EN MARCHE ........28 Using Your New Dishwasher..........
DISHWASHER SAFETY safety safety important. Your and the of others is very We have provided many important safety messages in this manual and on your appliance. Always read and obey all safety messages. This symbol alerts you to hazards that can killor hurt you and others, All safety messages will be preceded by the safety alert symbol and the word "DANGER"...
GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS Before Using Your shwash, r ") ° For a grounded, cord-connected dishwasher: The dishwasher must be grounded. In the event of a malfunction or breakdown, grounding will reduce the risk of electric shock by providing path of least resistance for electric current.
PARTS AND FEATURES • 15 1. Upper spray 11.Top spray arm 2. Water inlet opening 12. Stemware holders 3. Model and serial number label 13. (FLEXI-BASKET split silverware basket 4. Cup shelf 14. (4-WAY HYDRO SWEEP spray arm 5. Bottom rack 15.
Control Panels Model KUDS25SH _NI-mN$£ RINSE AID WASH RIN$1 CLEAN COMptETID WATER HEAI1NG SENSING CHILD LOCK EMPTY ...,...,.. I" if- ir.-..._, -. 11"II" I | ANTI-]1 SOAK& II .nDu,,ll SHORT [I LIGHT/|l"RINSE / Models KUDC25CH -- U " II " WA_R,_.AY11N_ C_I.OCK EMPTY...
START-UP GUIDE LOADING YOUR DISHWASHER Before using your dishwasher, remove all hang tags, temporary labels, and packaging materials. Read this entire Use and Care Guide. You will find important safety information and useful operating tips. Loading Suggestions Using Your New Dishwasher •...
• China, crystal, and other delicate items must not touch each other during dishwasher operation. Damage Loading the Top Rack occur. The top rack is designed for cups, glasses, and smaller • Wedge lightweight items against one another or items. (See recommended leading patterns shown.) overlap them with heavier dishes.
Fold-downtines Loading the Bottom Rack The row of tines on the left side of the top rack can be adjusted to make room for a variety of dishes. The tine adjuster has a teal colored tip. Gently push the tine down, The bottom rack is designed for plates, pans, casseroles, and utensils.
Split silverware basket The split silverware basket can be separated and placed Loading the into the bottom rack in several locations, Silverware Basket Load the silverware basket while it is in the bottom rack or take the basket out for loading on a counter or table. NOTE: You can remove the basket for easy unloading.
USING YOUR How Much Detergent to Use • The amount of detergent to use depends on the DISHWASHER hardness of your water and the type of detergent. If you use too little, dishes won't be clean. If you use too much in soft water, glassware will etch.
3. Add rinse aid until the indicator window looks full. Water Hardness Amount of Detergent 4. Clean up any spilled rinse aid with a clamp cloth. very Hard Water For normal loads: 5. Replace the dispenser knob and turn it to CLOSED. •...
• Use an air dry, or an energy saving dry option whenever Use this cycle for loads with normal amounts possible. Allow longer drying times (overnight) when of food soil. This cycle adds heat to the main using these options. Use a rinse aid to improve drying. wash and heats the water to 140°F (60°C) in the final rinse.
Option Selections Canceling a Cycle Anytime during a cycle, press You can customize your cycles by pressing an option. If you change your mind, press the option again to turn the option off. Select a different option if desired. You can change an option anytime before the selected option begins.
Sani Rinse option Water Heating light Select this option to raise the water temperature in the final WATER HEATING glows, and the cycle progression rinse to approximately 155 ° F (68 ° C) for 10 minutes. This pauses, whenever water is heated during a cycle. Wash or rinse action continues as the water heats.
How the sensor adjusts the cycle: Rinse Aid Empty light Once soil level is determined, the sensor automatically Fill the Rinse Aid dispenser when RINSE AID EMPTY is lit. adds heat, time, or water as needed for proper cleaning. A rinse aid prevents water from forming droplets that can dry as spots or streaks.
MATERIAL DISHWASHER SAFE?/COMMENTS WASHING Pewter, Brass, Bronze High water temperatures and SPECIALITEMS detergent can discolor or pit the finish. Disposable If you have doubts about washing a particular item, check with the manufacturer to see if it is dishwasher safe. Plastics Cannot withstand high water temperatures and detergents.
CARING FOR Drain Air Gap YOUR Check the drain air gap anytime your dishwasher isn't draining well Some state or local plumbing codes requirethe addition of DISHWASHER a drain air gap between a built-in dishwasher and the home drain system. If a drain is clogged, the drain air gap protects your dishwasher from water backing up into it.
5. Remove the spring clamp from the water outlet and separate from the water supply valve; drain water into Storing YourDishwasher pan. 6. Reconnect both water inlet and water outlet to the Storing for the summer water supply valve. Protect your dishwasher during the summer months by 7.
• Condensation on the kitchen counter (built-in TROUBLE- models) Is the dishwasher aligned with the counter top? Moisture from the vent in the dishwasher console can form on the SHOOTING counter. Refer to the installation instructionsfor more information. Dishes are not completely clean First try the solutions suggested here and Food soil left on the dishes possibly avoid the cost of a service call...
Is the home water pressure high enough for proper • Orange stains on plastic dishes or dishwasher interior dishwasher filling? Home water pressure should be 20 to 120 psi (138 to 828 kPa) for proper dishwasher fill, A Are large amounts of tomato-based foods on dishes booster pump on the water supply can be added if placed in the dishwasher? Stains gradually fade over pressure is too low.
Use and maintenance procedures. For further assistance • Accessory and repair parts sales. If you need further assistance, you can wdte to KitchenAid Canada with any questions or concerns at: • Specialized customer assistance (Spanish speaking, hearing impaired, limited vision, etc.).