1. Remove the mounting screws attaching the foot pedal to the
Remove foot pedal.
7. Reinstall the toe guard using the existing screws and 1/2"
washer. Then, reinstall the foot pedal.
A. Mounting screws
B. Foot pedal
2. Remove mounting screws attaching the toe guard to the
Remove toe guard.
3. Remove the mounting screws attaching the decorative panel
to the compactor.
Remove decorative panel and discard
4. Align the bottom of the custom panel with the bottom of the
5. Secure the panel from the back using 4 - #8 x 1" wood
screws as shown.
6. Attach a 15" x 1/2"quarter-round
filler along the top of the
drawer front using glue or screws.
A. Custom panel
B. 15" x _ " quarter-round
C. Panel screw locations
D. Toe guard
F Toe guard screw
ram is the part of the compactor
compresses the trash. The compacting
ram does not go to the
bottom of the drawer. You will not see compacting
of trash the
first few times you load the compactor.
NOTE: The compactor
drawer should be more than 1/2 full before
can begin to compress the load.
You may hear a noise when glass breaks. Strong glass bottles
may not break at all. The trash in a full compactor
bag will be
about 1/4 the size of its original bulk.
Load bulky trash, bottles, and cans in the center of the drawer.
Bottles or cans not placed in the center may become caught
between the ram and the drawer. The Drawer Monitor Switch
then senses a "misload"
and causes the ram to return to the "up"
position without compacting.