This cutting machine is capable of amputating
hands and feet and
throwing objects. Failure to observe the following safety instructions
could result in
serious injury or death.
• Read, understand,
and follow all
on the machine and in the
manual(s) before starting. Be thor-
oughly familiar with the controls and
the proper use of the machine before
• Do not put hands or feet near or under
rotating parts. Keep clear of the
discharge opening at all times.
• Only allow responsible
who are familiar with the instructions, to
operate the machine.
• Clear the area of objects such as
rocks, toys, wire, bones, sticks, etc.,
which could be picked up and thrown
by the blade.
• Be sure the area is clear of other
people before mowing. Stop machine if
anyone enters the area.
• Do not operate the mower when
barefoot or wearing open sandals.
Always wear substantial foot wear.
• Do not pull mower backwards
absolutely necessary. Always look
down and behind before and while
• Do not operate the mower without
proper guards, plates, grass catcher or
other safety protective devices in place.
• See manufacturer's
proper operation and installation of
Only use accessories
approved by the manufacturer.
• Stop the blade(s) when crossing gravel
drives, walks, or roads.
• Stop the engine (motor) whenever you
leave the equipment,
the mower or unclogging the chute.
• Shut the engine (motor) off and wait
until the blade comes to comgtete sto_
before removing grass catcher.
• Mow only in daylight or good artificial
• Do not operate the machine while
under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Never operate machine in wet grass.
Always be sure of your footing: keep a
firm hold on the handle and walk; never
the self-prOpelled mecha-
nism or drive clutch on mowers so
equipped before starting the engine
• If the equipment should start to vibrate
stop the engine (motor)
and check immediately for the cause.
Vibration is generally a warning of
• Always wear safety goggles or safety
glasses with side shields when
Slopes are a major factor related to slip
and fall acc'tdents which can result in
severe injury. All slopes require extra
caution. If you feel uneasy on a slope, do
not mow it.
• Mow across the face of siopes: never
up and down. Exercise extreme caution
when changing direction on slopes.
• Remove obstacles such as rocks, tree
• Watch for holes, ruts, or bumps. Tall
grass can hide obstacles.
• Do not trim near drop-offs, ditches or
The operator could lose
footing or balance.
• Do not trim excessively steep slopes.
• Do not mow on wet grass. Reduced
footing could cause slipping.
Tragic accidents can occur if the operator
is net alert to the presence of children.
Children are often attracted to the
machine and the mowing activity. Never
assume that children will remain where
you last saw them.
• Keep children out of the trimming area
and under the watchful care of another
• Be alert and turn machine off if children
enter the area.
• Before and while walking backwards,
look behind and down for small
• Never allow children to operate the
• Use extra care when approaching
corners, shrubs, trees, or other objects
that may obscure vision.