This cutting machine is capable of amputating hands and feet and throw-
ing objects. Failure to observe the following safety instructions could result in serious
injury or death.
• Read, understand,
and follow all
on the machine and in the
manual(s) before starting. Be thoroughly
familiar with the controls and the proper
use of the machine before starting.
• Do not put hands or feet near or under
rotating parts. Keep clear of the dis-
charge opening at all times.
• Only allow responsible
are familiar with the instructions,
operate the machine.
• Clear the area of objects such as rocks,
toys, wire, bones, sticks, etc., which
could be picked up and thrown by the
• Be sure the area is clear of other people
before mowing. Stop machine if anyone
enters the area.
• Do not operate the mower when bare-
foot or wearing open sandals. Always
• Do not pull mower backwards
necessary. Always look down
and behind before and while moving
• Do not operate the mower without
er guards, plates, grass catcher or other
devices in place.
• See manufacturer's
proper operation and installation
Only use accessories
proved by the manufacturer.
• Stop the blade(s) when crossing gravel
drives, walks, or roads.
• Stop the engine (motor) whenever you
leave the equipment,
the mower or unclogging
• Shut the engine (motor) off and wait
until the blade comes to complete stop
before removing grass catcher.
• Mow only in daylight or good artificial
• Do not operate the machine while under
the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Never operate machine in wet grass.
Always be sure of your footing: keep a
firm hold on the handle and walk; never
• Disengage the self-propelled mech-
anism or drive clutch on mowers so
equipped before starting the engine
• If the equipment
should start to vibrate
stop the engine (motor) and
check immediately for the cause. Vibra-
tion is generally a warning of trouble.
• Always wear safety goggles or safety
glasses with side shields when oper-
Slopes are a major factor related to slip
and fall accidents which can result in
severe injury. All slopes require extra cau-
tion. If you feel uneasy on a slope, do not
• Mow across the face of slopes: never
up and down. Exercise extreme caution
when changing direction on slopes.
• Remove obstacles such as rocks, tree
• Watch for holes, ruts, or bumps. Tall
grass can hide obstacles.
• Do not trim near drop-offs,
The operator could lose
footing or balance.
• Do not trim excessively
• Do not mow on wet grass. Reduced
footing could cause slipping.
Tragic accidents can occur if the operator
is not alert to the presence of children.
Children are often attracted to the ma-
chine and the mowing activity. Never as-
sume that children will remain where you
last saw them.
• Keep children out of the trimming area
and under the watchful care of another
• Be alert and turn machine off if children
enter the area.
• Before and while walking backwards,
look behind and down for small children.
• Never allow children to operate the
• Use extra care when approaching blind
corners, shrubs, trees, or other objects
that may obscure vision.