5-1/2 in. professional cordless trim saw (22 pages)
Summary of Contents for Craftsman 315.113082
• Operation read and understand • Maintenance operator's manual before • Parts List using this product. Customer Help Line: 1-800-932-3188 Sears, Roebuck and Co., 3333 Beverly Rd. Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 USA Visit the Craftsman web page: www.sears.com/craftsman 983000-362 10-03...
Exploded View and Repair Parts List ................20-21 • Parts Ordering / Service ....................FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON CRAFTSMAN CORDLESS TRIM SAW ff this f'RRFTZMnN Cordless Trim Saw fails to give complete satisfaction within one year from the date of purchase, RETURN IT TO THE NEAREST SEARS STORE OR SEARS SERVICE CENTER IN THE UNITED STATES, and Sears will repair it, free of charge.
• Remove adjusting keys or wrenches before WARNING: Read and understand all turning the tool on. A wrench or a key that is left instructions. Failure to fellow all instructions attached to a rotating part of the tool may result in listed below, may result in electric shock, fire personal injury.
SERVICE • When servicing a tool, use only identical re- placement parts. Follow instructions in the • Tool service must be performed only by quali- Maintenance section of this manual. Use of fied repair personnel. Service or maintenance unauthorized parts or failure to follow Maintenance performed by unqualified personnel may result in a Instructions may create a risk of shock or injury.
• IMPORTANT RULES FOR BATTERY TOOLS When restarting a saw in the workpiece, center the saw blade in the kerf and check that saw • Battery tools do not have to be plugged into an teeth are not engaged into the material. If saw electrical outlet;...
• Do not abuse cord. Never carry tool by cord or • To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep charger from outlet before attempting any cord from heat, oil and sharp edges. Following maintenance or cleaning.
Important: Some of the following symbols may be used on your tool. Please study them and learn their meaning. Proper interpretation of these symbols will allow you to operate the tool better and safer. SYMBOL NAME DESIGNATION/EXPLANATION Volts Voltage Current Amperes Hertz Frequency (cycles per second)
SPECIFICATIONS Blade Diameter 5-1/2in. NoLoadSpeed 3,800/min. Blade Arbor 3/8in. Motor 14.4VoltDC CuttingDepth at0° Bevel C ut 1-9/16 in. ChargeRate 3 - 6 Hours CuttingDepth at45° Bevel C ut 1-1/8in. Charger R ating 120volts,60Hz,AC KNOWYOURTRIM SAW SWITCH See Figure See Figure Before attempting to use any tool familiarize yourself Your saw is equipped with a lock-off button which with all operating features and safety requirements.
Your trim saw has been shipped completely WARNING: If any parts are missing, do not assembled except for the blade. Inspect it carefully to operate this tool until the missing parts are make sure no breakage or damage has occurred replaced.
WARNING: A 5-1/2 in. blade is the maximum WARNING: Always remove battery pack from your saw when you are assembling parts, making blade capacity of your saw. Never use a blade that is too thick to allow outer blade washer to adjustments, assembling or removing blades, cleaning, or when not in use.
BLADES • Fit saw blade inside lower blade guard and onto spindle. Note: The saw teeth point upward at the The best of saw blades will not cut efficiently if they front of saw as shown in figure 3. are not kept clean, sharp, and properly set. Using a •...
KICKBACK TO LESSEN THE CHANCE OF KICKBACK: See Figure 6. • Always keep the correct blade depth setting - the correct blade depth setting for alt cuts should not exceed 1/4 in. below the material to be cut. See Figure 8. One blade tooth below the material to be cut works best for most efficient cutting action.
• Whenmaking a cutusesteady, e venpressure. STARTING A CUT Neverforcecuts. Know the right way to use your saw. • Donotcutwarped or wetlumber. See Figure 11. • Always holdyoursawfirmlywithbothhands and keepyourbodyina balanced position so asto resisttheforces of kickback s houlditoccur. When using your saw, always stay alert and exercise control.
TO HELP MAINTAIN CONTROL: Hold your saw firmly with both hands. See Figure 14. • Always support your workpiece near the cut. • Support your workpiece so the cut will be on your left. • Clamp your workpiece so it wilt not move during the cut.
TOPVIEW OFSAW GUIDELINE RIP GUIDE (EDGE GUIDE) FRONTOFSAW Use the rip guide provided with your saw when making wide rip cuts. A five inch scale has been provided on the rip guide. When using the width of cut scale on the base in combination with the rip guide, cuts can be made up to 6 in.
TO BEVEL When making a bevel cut hold your saw firmly with both hands as shown in figure 19. The angle of cut of your saw may be adjusted to any desired setting between zero and 50 ° . Note: When making cuts at 50 °, blade should be set at full depth of cut.
POSITIVE 0 ° BEVEL STOP • Turn screw and adjust base until square with saw blade. See Figure 20. • Tighten hex nut and bevel adjustment knob securely. ADJUSTMENT BEVEL WARNING: Attempting to make cuts without ADJUSTMENT SCREW KNOB bevel adjustment knob securely tightened can result in serious injury.
WARNING: When servicing, use only identical Do not abuse power tools. Abusive practices can Craftsman replacement parts. Use of any other damage tool as well as workpiece. part may create a hazard or cause product Only the parts shown on parts list, page 19, are damage, intended to be repaired or replaced by the customer.
CRAFTSMAN CORDLESS TRIM SAW - MODEL NUMBER 315.113082 I The model number will be found on a plate attached to the motor housing. Always mention the model number in all correspondence regarding your CORDLESS TRIM SAW or when ordering repair parts.
Your Home For repair-in your home-of all major brand appliances, lawn and garden equipment, or heating and cooling systems, no matter who made it, no matter who sold it! For the replacement parts, accessories owner's manuals that you need to do-it-yourself. For Sears professional installation of home appliances and items like garage door openers and water heaters.