has an electronic
detects the vapor (moisture
food as it heats. The sensor adjusts
power level for various foods and quantities
SENSOR COOKING applies to the following selections:
in a cup
Using Sensor Settings:
1. After oven is plugged in, wait 2 minutes before using
2. Be sure the exterior of the cooking container and the
interior of the oven are dry. Wipe off any moisture with
a dry cloth or paper towel.
3. More or less food than the quantity listed in the chart
should be cooked following the guidelines in any micro-
4. During the first part of SENSORCOOKING, food name will
appear in the display. Do not open the oven door or press
the STOP clear
pad during this part of the cycle. The
measurement of vapor will be interrupted. If this occurs,
an error message will appear. To continue cooking, press
the STOP clear pad and cook manually.
When the sensor detects the vapor emitted from the
food, remainder of cooking time will appear. Door may
be opened when remaining cooking time appears in the
display. At this time, you may stir or season food, as
If the sensor does not detect vapor properly when
cooking rice, the oven will turn off, and the correct time
of day will be displayed. If the sensor does not detect
vapor properly when cooking other foods, ERROR will
be displayed, and the oven will turn off.
6. Check food for temperature
after cooking. If additional
time is needed, continue to cook manually.
Some foods cook better when covered.
Use the cover
recommended in the food charts.
1. Casserole lid.
2. Plasticwrap: Use plastic wrap recommended for microwave
cooking. Cover dish loosely; allow approximately 1/2 inch
to remain uncovered to allow steam to escape. Plastic
wrap should not touch food.
3. Wax paper: Cover dish completely;
fold excess wrap
under dish to secure. If dish is wider than paper, overlap
two pieces at least one inch to cover.
Be careful when removing any covering to allow steam to
escape away from you.
The final cooking result will vary according to the
food condition (e.g. initial temperature, shape,
quality). Check food for temperature after cooking. If
additional time is needed, continue to cook manually.
2. When sensor detects the vapor emitted from the
foods, manipulation message or remaining cooking
time will be displayed.
3. Stay near the oven while it's in use and check
cooking progress frequently so that there is no
chance of overcooking food.
4. It is not necessary to enter amount.
There are 4 foods (Frozen Entrees, Frozen Pizza, Ground
Meat and Rice) under the SENSORCOOK.
You can cook many foods by pressing the sensor cook pad
and the food number. You don't need to calculate cooking
time or power level.
= Suppose you want to cook Frozen Entrees.
1. Press the sensor cook
pad, number 1 for
2. At end, follow the directions in the display.
3. Press the START
enter +30 sec pad.
• Check the Cookware -tips section for correct cookware
when Combination Cooking
• Do not use metal cookware when Combination Cooking
• For best roasting and browning results, whole roasts
should be cooked in a glass dish placed directly on the
• For foods that are too tall to fit in the oven, you can
leave out the trivet. If necessary, you may take out the
shelf and place the dish directly on the turntable.