8. At the preset time, the PoWeR indicator light comes on and the coffeemaker
9. To cancel delAYed BReWIng, press the on/oFF button. All lights turn off.
The time of day will still be visible on the digital display.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the
• not sure how much coffee to use – begin by using 1 level tablespoon of
medium grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• For variety, add a 2-inch piece of lemon or orange peel to the coffee grounds
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with 1 or 2 tablespoons of
hazel nut, chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
• Add a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean to the sugar bowl. You'll be surprised at
how good it tastes.
• Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean; you will be pleased with the
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
1. Be sure the unit is unplugged and has cooled.
2. open the one-piece cover.
3. To remove the filter basket, grip the handle and lift straight up.
4. discard the paper filter with the coffee grounds.
5. Wash the filter basket, carafe and carafe lid in dishwasher, top rack, or wash
by hand in hot, sudsy water.
6. Wipe the appliance's exterior surface, control panel and "Keep Hot" carafe
plate with a soft damp cloth.
7. do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.
8. To clean the inside of the cover, open the cover and leave in the open
9. Pull out the showerhead from the locking tabs, wipe
surfaces with a damp cloth; then push it back to insert
firmly in place (H).
CLEANING WITH VINEGAR
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is
recommended once a month.
1. Pour white vinegar into the water reservoir up to the 6-cup level on the
water window. Add cold water up to the 10-cup line.
2. Put a paper filter in the filter basket and close the cover. Set the empty
carafe on the "Keep Hot" carafe plate.
3. Turn on the coffeemaker and let half the cleaning solution brew into
the carafe (until water level goes down to around "5"). Turn off the
coffeemaker and let it soak for at least 15 minutes to soften the deposits.
4. Turn on the coffeemaker and brew the remaining cleaning solution into
5. Turn off the coffeemaker; empty the carafe and discard the soiled filter.
6. Fill the reservoir with cold water to the 11-cup line, replace the empty
carafe, then turn on the coffeemaker for a complete brew cycle to flush
out the remaining cleaning solution. You may have to repeat this to
eliminate the vinegar smell/taste.
7. Wash the filter basket and carafe as instructed in CleAnIng.
A damaged carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid. To avoid
• do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the "Keep
Hot" carafe plate or heat the carafe when empty.
• discard the carafe if damaged in any manner. A chip or crack could result
• do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers, they will scratch and
weaken the glass.
• do not place the carafe on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in a heated
oven or in a microwave oven.
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.
POWER CORD STORAGE
For your convenience, the cord storage gives you the
flexibility to use the exact cord length needed and keep
the rest stored in the coffeemaker.
To increase the length, grasp the power cord and
gently pull it away from coffeemaker. To store excess
cord, feed it into the coffeemaker (J).
Important: Do not grasp and pull the power plug.