FUJITSU SEMICONDUCTOR SS01-26015-1E SUPPORT SYSTEM MC-8FX Family LQFP-52P (0.65 mm pitch) HEADER BOARD MB2146-261 OPERATION MANUAL...
This manual explains the handling of the MB2146-261. Before using MB2146-261, be sure to read this manual. Consult the Sales representatives or the Support representatives of Fujitsu Limited for mass-pro- duced MCUs and evaluation MCUs which correspond on MB2146-261. MB2146-261 is an object about MCU with a built-in LCD controller.
(i.e., submersible repeater and artificial satellite). Please note that FUJITSU will not be liable against you and/or any third party for any claims or damages arising in connection with above-mentioned uses of the products.
: MB2146-301, MB2146-303) which mounts an evaluation MCU in the F MC-8FX family of Fujitsu 8-bit microcontrollers to a user system. To build an F MC-8FX evaluation environment, combine the three products as shown in Figure 1: the header board, a MCU board, and a BGM adapt- er (model number : MB2146-09).
2. Checking the Delivered Product Before using the MB2146-261, confirm that the following components are included in the box: • LQFP-52P (0.65 mm pitch) header board * • Screws for securing header board (M2 × 10 mm, 0.4 mm pitch) •...
4. Notes on Designing ■ Notes on designing printed circuit board for the user system When the header board is connected to the user system, some part mounted around the NQPACK in the user system may be contacting the header board if the height of the part is tall. To prevent this, design the printed circuit board for the user system so that the components do not exceed the height shown in Figure 2.
■ MCU footprint design notes Figure 3 shows the recommended footprint dimensions of the NQPACK mounted on the printed cir- cuit board for the user system. Take the footprint in Figure 3 into consideration as well as the foot- print of the mass production MCU when designing the printed circuit board for the user system. To follow the most updated information, be sure to contact Tokyo Eletech Corporation whenever de- signing the printed circuit board.
5. Connecting to the User System ■ Connecting Mount the supplied NQPACK on the user system before using the MB2146-261. 1. To connect the header board to the user system, match pin 1 indicated by the index mark (▲) on the NQPACK mounted on the user system with pin 1 indicated by the index mark (an angle cut linearly at one place only in silk screen) on the header board and then insert it (see “Figure 4”) .
MCU board Evaluation MCU board Screws for securing header board Header board Connected at shipment YQPACK NQPACK User system Figure 5 Connecting MCU Board/Header Board to User System ■ Disconnection 1. Remove the MCU board from the header board. Detach the four corners slowly in sequence, not excessively forcing the junction with the NQPACK.
6. Mounting Mass Production MCUs ■ Mounting To mount a mass production MCU on the user system, use the supplied HQPACK (IC socket cover) (see “Figure 6”) . 1. To mount a mass production MCU on the user system, match the index mark (▲) on the NQ- PACK mounted on the user system with the index mark (●) on the mass production MCU.
7. Product Specifications ■ General specifications Table 3 lists the general specifications of the header board. Table 3 General Specifications Item Description 5 °C to 35 °C (operation) , 0 °C to 40 °C (storage) Operating temperature and storage temperature Operating humidity and storage humidity 20 % to 80 % (operation) , 20 % to 80 % (storage) Approximately 40 mm ×...
■ MCU board I/F connector (CN1, CN2, and CN3) CN1 and CN2 are MCU board I/F connectors. CN3 is the incorrect insertion prevention socket of a MCU board. The pin assignment of the MCU board I/F connector CN1 is shown in Table 5, and the pin assignment of the MCU board I/F connector CN2 is shown in Table 6.
Table 6 Pin Assignment of the MCU Board I/F Connector CN2 Connector Connector Connector Evaluation Evaluation Evaluation Signal Signal Signal MCU Pin MCU Pin MCU Pin name name name Number Number Number Number Number Number SEL0 SEL3 SEL4 SEL1 P04C AVcc3 P06C AVss...
■ User system I/F YQPACK (U1) The pin assignment of user system I/F YQPACK in the header board is shown in Table 7. Table 7 Pin Assignment of the User System I/F YQPACK in Header Board Connector Connector Signal name Signal name Pin Number Pin Number...
SS01-26015-1E FUJITSU SEMICONDUCTOR • SUPPORT SYSTEM MC-8FX Family LQFP-52P (0.65 mm pitch) HEADER BOARD MB2146-261 OPERATION MANUAL April 2006 the first edition Published FUJITSU LIMITED Electronic Devices Edited Business Promotion Dept.