TE10-0055 Rev. A
Epson P-3000 and P-5000 Multimedia Storage Viewers
New Firmware Release version 01.33
This bulletin was created to inform you of a firmware update for the P-3000/P-5000 multimedia
viewers. The updated firmware provides certain improvements as outlined below.
Description of Change:
The firmware has been updated to version 01.33.
To provide the following fixes and/or improvements:
• Corrects movie audio playback issues on files using an 11.024 kHz frequency.
• Corrects an issue that prevents the viewer from copying a file to Back-Up if the file size
is within the following range: 25,533,949 to 25,534,796 bytes or 29,949,157 to
• Corrects display of rating information when the rated image file has no attribute
• Supports folder name which starts with certain Japanese characters.
P-3000/P-5000 Firmware Update Instructions:
Before starting the firmware update process, confirm that there are no files on the
To download and install the new firmware file, you will need the following:
• Windows-based PC or Macintosh computer with Internet access
• Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP Home/Pro/XP/XP Pro x64 Edition/Vista
• Operating Systems: Macintosh OS 10.2.8 to 10.5
• Memory card reader/writer
• 128MB or higher formatted Compact Flash or SD memory card (there must be no data
on the card)
• For Windows: firmware filename is epson13953.exe (included in
• For Macintosh: firmware filename is epson13954.dmg (included in
• P-3000/P-5000 battery installed (fully-charged battery recommended)
Product Support Bulletin
Page 1 of 3