DOOR REMOVAL / REVERSAL INSTRUCTIONS
DOOR REMOVAL AND REVERSAL INSTRUCTIONS:
If you have stainless steel doors -- go to the Removing Stainless Steel Doors and
Handles Section on page 7.
The direction in which your refrigerator doors open (door swing) can be reversed,
from left to right or right to left, by moving the door hinges from one side to the
other. Reversing the door swing should be performed by a qualified person.
Before you begin, turn the refrigerator temperature control to "0" and remove the
electrical power cord from the wall outlet. Remove any food from door shelves.
10. Reverse door handles (see instructions on next page).
11. Move freezer and refrigerator door stops to opposite side. Before starting
12. Position refrigerator door onto bottom hinge pin and screw center hinge pin
13. Tighten center hinge pin with adjustable wrench.
14. Remove cabinet and hinge hole plugs and move to opposite side.
15. Lower freezer door onto center hinge pin.
16. Close freezer door. Have an assistant lift up on opposite side of door while
17. Flip toe grille and reinstall.
18. Plug in electrical power cord and turn refrigerator temperature control to center
1. Remove toe grille.
2. Remove top hinge cover. Trace around the hinge with a soft lead pencil. This
makes reinstallation easier. Remove top hinge and lift door off center hinge pin.
Set door aside.
3. Unscrew center hinge pin using adjustable wrench and save for reassembly.
Ensure plastic washer stays on hinge pin.
4. Lift refrigerator door off of bottom hinge and set aside.
5. Remove center hinge and shim by removing inside screw and loosening two
outside screws enough to allow hinge and shim to slide out. Tighten screws.
6. Loosen two outside screws on opposite side of refrigerator, remove inside
screw and install center hinge.
7. Remove two screws on bottom hinge with 3/8" socket wrench.
8. Install bottom hinge on opposite side with the two screws removed from step 7.
9. Unscrew bottom hinge pin using adjustable wrench. Move hinge pin to other
hole in hinge and tighten with adjustable wrench.
screws, use an awl to puncture the foam.
through center hinge into top of door. Close refrigerator door to help align hinge
tightening screws to install top hinge.
position. Adjust setting as necessary.