To avoid electric shock, which can cause death or severe personal injury, do
not connect your refrigerator to an electrical power source until you have
completed Step 3 of these instructions.
These installation instructions are
provided only as a possible customer
option. Electrolux recommends
that you use a service or kitchen
contracting professional to install your
Prepare The Installation Site
Your refrigerator is designed to be part of a built-in
kitchen cabinet system. Be sure to coordinate site
preparation and installation with your kitchen contractor.
Information about cabinetry
Include these minimum guidelines in your site preparation:
construction for Electrolux products
• Choose a place near a grounded electrical outlet.
is available for contractors. Call
• Do not use an extension cord or an adapter plug.
• Avoid direct sunlight and close proximity to a range,
dishwasher or other heat source.
• Floor should be level and able to support a fully
• The refrigerator's Ice & Water Dispenser requires
Room temperatures below
water supply access.
55°F (13°C) or above 110°F
• Plan for easy access to counter tops when
(43°C) will impair cooling
ability of your refrigerator's
• For complete access to drawers and freezer
baskets, doors must be able to fully open.
Allow the following clearances for ease of installation, proper air circulation, and plumbing and
electrical connections: Sides & Top: 3/8 inch / Rear: 1 inch
Transport Unpackaged Refrigerator To Site
By now, you have already removed your refrigerator's shipping carton.
You may still need to use a hand truck to move it through close spaces or
entrances. If the refrigerator is larger than an entrance, consider two options:
• Remove the entrance door if one exists.
• Remove the refrigerator doors (see how in your Use & Care Guide).
When using a hand truck:
• Load refrigerator from side of cabinet only.
• Do not run retaining straps over handles.
• Do not over-tighten retaining straps.
• Never use refrigerator handles to move the
Shifting the refrigerator from
side to side may damage
• Remove tape from doors only after unit is in place.
Connect Water Supply
What you will need:
• Access to a cold
water line with
To avoid property damage:
• Use copper tubing for the water supply
• Copper tubing
line (plastic tubing is more likely to leak).
• Ensure water supply complies with lo-
(6.4mm) OD. Length for this tubing
cal plumbing codes.
is the distance from the rear of the
refrigerator to your household water
supply line plus 7 feet (2.1 meters).
• A shut-off valve for the connection between your
household water line and the refrigerator supply
Electrolux Kit #53039117950, available
line. Do not use a self-piercing shut-off valve.
from your dealer, provides all materials for
• A compression nut and ferrule (sleeve) for the
a water supply installation, including 25
water supply connection at the rear of your
feet of copper tubing and full instructions.
Not satisfied with the installation of your refrigerator? Please contact the store you purchased it from.
French Door Bottom Freezer/Refrigerator
To connect the water supply to the rear of your refrigerator:
1 Ensure that the refrigerator is not plugged in.
2 Flush the supply line until water is clear by placing the
end of the copper tube in a sink or bucket and opening
the shut-off valve.
3 Remove the plastic cap from the water valve inlet at the
rear of your refrigerator. Discard the cap.
4 Slide the brass compression nut, then the ferrule (sleeve)
onto copper tube.
5 Push the copper tube into water valve inlet as far as it will
go (1/4 inch).
6 Slide the ferrule (sleeve) into valve and finger-tighten the
compression nut onto valve. Tighten another half turn with
a wrench. Do not over-tighten.
7 Secure the copper tube to your refrigerator's rear panel
with a steel clamp and screw (see illustration).
8 Coil the excess copper tubing (about 2½ turns) behind
your refrigerator as shown. Arrange coiled tubing to avoid
vibration or wear against other surfaces.
9 Open water supply shut-off valve and tighten any connections that leak.
• The ice maker's fill valve may operate noisily if the household water supply is shut off.
• After ensuring no water leaks exist at any connection, be sure to check for leaks
again in 24 hours.
• See your Use & Care Guide for detailed information about setting up and operating
the Ice & Water Dispensing system.
Place In Permanent Position
If possible, use a hand truck to position the refrigerator
directly in front of its cabinet enclosure.
Be careful not to move the refrigerator beyond its water
supply (copper tubing) connections.
Plug in the power cord, and push the refrigerator straight
back into place.
If you are installing your refrigerator without
connecting it to a water supply, make sure the ice
maker's power switch is turned Off (see the Use &
Care Guide for more details).
Level Refrigerator & Adjust Doors (if necessary)
Guidelines for final positioning of your refrigerator:
• All four corners of the cabinet must rest firmly on the
• The cabinet should be level at the front and rear.
• The sides should tilt ¼-inch (6 mm) from front to back (to
ensure that doors close and seal properly).
• Doors should align with each other and be level.
To level the cabinet using the front rollers:
1 Open both doors and remove the toe grille by gently pulling forward.
(See illustration 1.)
2 Close the doors and use a flat-blade screwdriver or 3/8 inch socket
wrench to raise or lower the front rollers. (See illustration 2.)
3 Ensure both doors are bind-free with their seals touching the cabinet on
all four sides.
To level the doors using the lower hinge:
1 If the refrigerator door is lower than the freezer door, raise the
refrigerator door by turning the adjustment screw clockwise. (See
2 If the freezer door is lower than the refrigerator door, raise the freezer
door by turning the adjustment screw clockwise. (See illustration 3.)
3 Ensure door stop flange is touching hinge flange. If not, readjust as
necessary. (See illustration 4.)
4 Replace the toe grille by fitting it into place.
This document should only be removed by customer after installation.
Remove Internal Shipping Materials
Electrolux uses packing foam and tape to secure the internal parts of your refrigerator for
shipping. Once the refrigerator is in position, you can remove this material.
Problems? Try These Suggestions
Operation problems are possible if any of the installation tasks are not completed. Here is a list of
things to check for:
• Is the refrigerator's power cord plugged in?
• Is the refrigerator connected to the household water supply?
• If you had to remove the refrigerator and freezer doors, did you reattach water and power
connectors at the door hinges? (See the Use & Care Guide for detailed instructions on
removing and replacing doors.)
• Is the ice maker power switch turned On?
Other possibilities to check:
• Shifting the refrigerator
• Is the power to the receptacle turned on?
from side to side may dam-
• Is the water filter above the fresh food compartment fully seated (see Use & Care Guide for details)?
• Do not block the toe grille
If you still have operation problems after checking these suggestions, please see the "Solutions
on the lower front of your
To Common Problems" section in your Use & Care Guide.
refrigerator. Sufficient air
circulation is essential for
Congratulations. You are ready to begin enjoying your new Electrolux refrigerator.
• To become aware of important safety instructions and learn how to operate your refrigerator,
please read the entire Use & Care Guide.
• You may want to start with the "Normal Operating Sights & Sounds" section of the Guide to
learn more about what to expect during typical operation.
• Please register your product. You can register online at www.electroluxusa.com. or you can
simply send in the Registration Card.
And thank you for choosing Electrolux.
Installation Checkoff List
Handles are secure and tight
Door seals completely to cabinet on all
Fresh food doors are level
Refrigerator is level, side to side and tilted
1/4" (6mm) front to back
Toe grille is properly attached to
Cabinet is setting solid on all corners
House power turned on
Refrigerator plugged in
SPACER W/ HANDLES
Location of these materials may vary depending on your model.
House water supply connected to
No water leaks present at all connections
- recheck in 24 hours
Ice Maker is turned ON.
Ice & Water Dispenser operates correctly
Front filter must be flush with filter
housing (some models)
Shipping material removed
Fresh Food and Freezer temperatures set
Crisper Humidity controls set
Registration Card sent in