About MP3 and WMA
The playable MP3/WMA fi le (hereafter called Audio
fi le) and the media format have the following
limitation. The Audio fi le, which is not conforming to
the specifi cation, may not play normally.
Playable Audio fi le
Playable MP3 fi le
• File formats: MPEG 1/2 Audio Layer 3 file
• Extension: .mp3
• Transfer bit rate: 8 kbps – 320 kbps
• Sampling frequency: 48/ 44.1/ 32/ 24/ 22.05/ 16/ 12/
11.025/ 8 kHz
Playable WMA fi le
• File format: Windows Media™ Audio compliant
• Extension: .wma
• Transfer bit rate: 32 kbps – 320 kbps
• Sampling frequency: 48/ 44.1/ 32 kHz
• Files created using functions in Windows Media™ Player 9 or
later cannot be played.
- WMA Professional
- WMA Lossless
- WMA Voice
• Do not attach the extensions to files other than the Audio file.
If the extension is attached, the file, which is not the Audio
file, will play and outputs a loud noise, causing damage to the
• The files with copy protection cannot be played.
• Audio files cannot be played depending on the encoding
software setting, USB device type, and/or recording
• The unit may not be compatible with upgrade of
compression format standard and additional specifications.
• Audio files encoded using VBR (Variable Bit Rate) may use bit
rates that fall outside the supported range. Audio fi les with
bit rates outside the supported range cannot be played.
Playable storage media
• CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
• USB device (USB version 1.1/2.0)
• CD-RW discs which are quick formatted by the writing
software cannot be used.
• When recording to the maximum CD-R/RW media capacity at
once, the writing software is set to "Disc at once".
• For details on the available USB devices, refer to <About USB
device> (page 9).
Playable CD-R/RW format
• ISO 9660 Level 1/2
Playable fi le format of USB device
• For the formats supported by USB devices, refer to <About
USB device> (page 9).
The maximum number of characters for
• File/Folder name: 30/30 characters
• MP3 ID3 Tag/ WMA Contents property:
(The information which can be displayed with this unit:
title, artist name, and album name)
• File/Folder name is the number of the characters including
• This unit can display the following versions of MP3 ID3 tag:
version 1.0/ 1.1/ 2.2/ 2.3
Limitation of structure for the fi le and the
• Maximum number of folders: 255 (including root folder)
• Maximum number of files per folder: 900 (including the
number of folders)
Playing order of the audio fi le
• Audio files are played in the order the files are written. You can
specify the order of playback by numbering files in a folder
and writing them by folder.
: Audio file
• Playing order
Playing order after ¡! play:
➡ ¡", ¡#, ¡$, ¡%...