AN1600 F1 Network Storage System Quick Specification
Acer Smart Server Manager
• Offers 24-7 monitoring for system health and performance.
• Delivering proactive event management features including system event logging, event handling from e-
mail and SNMP Trap (PET) alerting.
• Allowing remote control from KVM and Power control.
Satisfying management in web-based UI, role-based administration, and automated management scripts.
Acer Smart Console
• Web-based management utility to simplify system management with embedded iBMC
• System monitoring and alerting, event handling, remote power control and KVM-over-IP.
• Acer Smart Console is OS independent, and offers virtual media through floppy, ODD, and removable
• Out-of-band (OOB) management regardless OS status.
Acer Recovery Utility
• A friendly and an intuitive system recovery utility to return to its original factory state.
• Supports over twenty some different languages.
• Wizard step by step guiding through the complete recovery processes.
Acer Resource Kit
Comprehensive system information in one single disk including System drivers, LAN, RAID, and iSCSI
Target Client utilities, and User Guide.
GN1600 F1 features Windows Storage Server R2 Operating System
capabilities for client and server computers in your network environment. Storage appliances running Windows
Storage Server 2008 R2 can be used in failover clusters, providing high availability storage for application
servers and file storage.
Single Instance Storage (SIS) v2
File Server Optimization
Remote Administration in
Distributed File System (DFS)
Namespace and Replication
Microsoft iSCSI Software Target
Microsoft iSCSI Software Target provides centralized, software-based and hardware-independent iSCSI disk
subsystems in storage area networks (SANs). You can use iSCSI Software Target, which includes a Microsoft
Management Console (MMC) snap-in, to create iSCSI targets and iSCSI virtual disks. You can then use the
Microsoft iSCSI Software Target console to manage all iSCSI targets and virtual disks created using iSCSI
Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.2 provides the following features:
Storage Server 2008 R2 operating system provides file storage and print server
SIS reduces the amount of storage used by data by replacing
multiple identical copies with logical links to a single source copy.
Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 is tuned to provide better
performance in a file server role, realizing as much as an 8%
performance gain in file system operations.
Remote administration of Windows Storage Server 2008 R2
appliances can be done from Internet Explorer using an ActiveX
control, and from non-Microsoft browsers using a Java control.
Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 offers performance
enhancements for the Print Services role.
Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 can provide DFS support for file
sharing for WANs and satellite offices