Operating Your Dryer, continued
Check that the lint ﬁ lter is
clean and in place.
Do not operate dryer without lint
ﬁ lter in place.
Load the dryer and close the door.
• Load items loosely. The average wet load will
ﬁ ll the drum 1/3 to 1/2 full. Items need room to
tumble freely for even drying and less wrinkling.
• If desired, place a dryer fabric softener sheet on
top of the load at the beginning of the cycle.
• To save energy and time and avoid uneven drying
and wrinkling, do not overload the dryer.
• When drying large items, dry only two or three
items at a time. Fill out the load with small and
medium sized items.
• For delicate or very small loads, add two or three
similar items to improve tumbling action.
Select the appropriate cycle and settings for
Over-drying can cause wrinkles, shrinkage, lint,
harshness and a build up of static electricity.
• Turn the cycle selector knob in either direction to
select the cycle desired.
• The estimated drying time for Auto Dry cycles or
the actual drying time for Timed Dry cycles will be
• A suitable drying temperature, dryness level and
options will automatically be indicated for the cycle
selected. See the "Dryer Settings Chart" for more
• To change the drying temperature and dryness
level, press the temp or dry level buttons to scroll
to the desired settings.
• To select or delete an option, press options; then,
while the indicator is blinking, press select. The
indicator will light when the option has been se-
lected. It will no longer be lighted when the option
has been deleted.
If a setting is not available for the cycle selected, the
indicator will not light.
• Adjustments made to a cycle will be remembered
and recalled each time that cycle is selected in the
Start the cycle.
• To add or remove items when the dryer is running,
open the door. The dryer will stop when the door
is opened. Allow the drum to come to a complete
stop before reaching inside.
• Close the door and press START to resume the cycle.
If drying a single large or bulky item, such as a
comforter, remove the item part way through the cycle
and turn it "inside out" to maximize drying effectiveness.
Place item back in dryer and re-start cycle.
When the cycle ends, remove items immedi-
ately and hang or fold.
Clean the lint ﬁ lter after every load.
To return to factory
settings, press these
two buttons at the
same time and
hold until the signal