CP1800 User’s Manual Table of Contents 1. Important Safety Precautions 2. Setup 3. Operation 4. Maintenance 5. Specifications 6. Accessories...
Thank you for purchasing the Brother CP1800 copyboard. This copyboard has been designed for easy operation; however, we suggest that you first read this User’s Manual so that you can install the copyboard safely and use the copyboard to its fullest potential. In addition, we suggest that you keep this manual in a handy place for future reference.
1. Important Safety Precautions Read all instructions and save them for future reference. Follow all warnings and instruc- tions indicated on the product. • To reduce the risk of electric shock, always disconnect all cables from the wall outlets before servicing, modifying, or installing the equipment. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to an authorized Brother Service Center under the following conditions: a) when the power supply cord is damaged or frayed...
2. Setup Package contents Check that the following items are enclosed. AC adaptor & AC cord Wall-mounting bar CP1800 copyboard Owner’s Manual 2 L-shaped brackets 2 partition-mounting 6 anchors brackets (For plasterboard only) 4 screws Starter Therma PLUS paper 6 washers (up to 30 pages) Tray Dry Erase marker...
2. Setup Choosing a location • Set up the unit on a stable surface or a sturdy wall that is free from vibrations and shocks. • Do not set up this unit in a high-traffic area or near heaters, air conditioners, refrigera- tors, liquids, or chemicals.
2. Setup Wall mounting With the enclosed wall-mounting bar, the copyboard can easily be mounted on a wall. Attaching the wall-mounting bar Follow the precautions below to mount the copyboard correctly on the wall and reduce the risk of it falling down. Use the enclosed anchors to attach the wall-mounting bar to plasterboard that is at least 0.5 in.
2. Setup Position of the wall-mounting bar in relation to the copyboard 10.2 in. 10.2 in. (259 mm) (259 mm) 1.9 in. (48 mm) 36.7 in. (932 mm) Using a 5/16 in. (8 mm) drill bit, drill a hole at each point marked on the wall.
2. Setup Remove each screw. Attach the wall-mounting bar to the wall by re-installing the screws into the anchors, while making sure to use the enclosed washers. Make sure that the bar is firmly attached to the wall, otherwise the copyboard may fall down.
2. Setup With the copyboard mounted on the wall, remove the two screws on the bottom of the unit with a screwdriver. Attach the long ends of the two enclosed L-shaped brackets to the bottom of the unit using the two screws.
2. Setup Partition mounting Follow the precautions below to mount the copyboard correctly on the partition and reduce the risk of it falling down. Before attempting to hang your copyboard on a cubicle wall or partition, consult the manufacturer of the partition to verify that the partition is capable of support- ing the copyboard without adverse consequences.
2. Setup While holding both sides of the copyboard, hook the brackets at the back of the copyboard onto the wall-mounting bar pegs. Do not release the copyboard until you are sure that it is securely mounted on the wall-mounting bar. Do not push the unit upward or to either side, otherwise it may fall down.
3. Operation Printer description 1800 1 DC jack 2 Power supply switch 3 COPY ALL button: Press this button to print out both writing surfaces. 4 COPY button: Press this button to print out the front writing surface. 5 FEED button: Press this button to scroll the copyboard. 6 ERROR indicator: This indicator lights up when the printer head is overheated.
3. Operation Loading the paper In order to print out what is written on the copyboard, paper must first be loaded in the printer. The maximum diameter of the paper roll that can be installed in the copyboard is 2.6 in. (66 mm). Open the paper compartment by pulling up its latch.
3. Operation Tear off the excess paper by holding the side of the paper and pulling it upward and across. Remove the roll of paper before transporting the copyboard, otherwise it may come unrolled in the printer and cause a paper jam. Power supply Follow the precautions below to reduce the risk of electric shock or fire.
3. Operation Set the power supply switch on the left side of the printer to “|” to turn on the copyboard. Feeding the copyboard The copyboard has two writing surface areas. When you wish to use the other writing surface area, press f to scroll the writing surface without printing. Do not try to erase or touch the writing surface while it is moving.
3. Operation Press e. The writing surface begins scrolling after 1 to 2 seconds, and then the front writing surface is printed. Press d. The writing surface begins scrolling after 1 to 2 seconds, and then both writing surfaces are printed at the same time. Do not try to erase or touch the writing surface while it is moving.
4. Maintenance Troubleshooting If you can't solve a difficulty with your copyboard using this manual, please see page 19 for Brother numbers to call for assistance. Problem Solution The POWER indicator does • Check that the AC adaptor cord is correctly plugged not light up.
4. Maintenance Problem Solution The paper that is fed out • Check that the paper feeds over the paper guide bar is curled. in the paper compartment. ➯ Loading the paper (page 11) The ERROR indicator lights • The recording head has overheated. Unplug the machine and wait 30 minutes for it to cool.
4. Maintenance Adjusting the scanner Before adjusting the print contrast, check that the roll paper is installed, and that both the ERROR and PAPER indicator lights are off. With your hand, lightly scroll the writing surface down approx. 11.8 in. (30 cm), and then clean the writing surface well.
4. Maintenance Cleaning the scanner Turn off the unit, unplug the AC adaptor, and then position the copyboard so that it is either lying on the floor facing up or standing up mounted on the partition or the wall. Remove the left panel by removing the three screws on the end of the unit. Use a soft-bristle brush to gently clean the areas shaded in the illustration at the right.
Express, call toll-free 1-888-879-3232, or complete the enclosed order form and fax it to 1-800-947-1445 (available 24 hours). To order by mail or pay by check, complete the enclosed order form and send it along with payment to: Brother International Corporation Attn: Consumer Accessory Division P.O. Box 341332 Bartlett, TN 38184-1332...
6. Accessories For best quality results, use only genuine Brother accessories, available at most Brother retailers. If you cannot find the accessory you need, you can order accessories directly from Brother using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card. You can visit us on-line for a complete selection of Brother accessories and supplies available for purchase.
BROTHER LIMITED WARRANTY 1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor, Immediate Conditional Exchange Option This warranty gives you certain rights and you may also have other rights that may vary from state to state. This warranty is given only to the end-use purchaser of the accompanying white board product (referred to in this warranty as “this Product”).
Immediate Conditional Exchange Option: You have the option of following a procedure which allows you to receive expedited shipment of a replacement product before this Product is examined by Brother for possible defects. To take advantage of this option, however, you must accept responsibility in advance for charges not covered by this warranty by allowing Brother to charge your credit card.
Brother International Corporation 100 Somerset Corporate Boulevard P.O. Box 6911 Bridgewater, NJ 08807-0911 USA Visit us on the World Wide Web at: http://www.brother.com This machine is made for use in the USA only. We cannot recommend using it overseas because the power requirements of your copyboard may not be compatible with the power available in foreign countries.