To avoid electric shock, which can cause death or severe personal injury,
disconnect the refrigerator from electrical power before connecting a water supply line to
To Avoid Property Damage:
• Copper tubing is recommended for the water supply line. Water supply tubing made of
plastic is not recommended since it greatly increases the potential for water leaks.
The manufacturer will not be responsible for any damage if plastic tubing is used for the
• DO NOT install water supply tubing in areas where temperatures fall below freezing.
• Connect the ice maker to a drinkable water source that is not tied into a water softening
system. Chemicals from the softener may damage the ice maker, causing it to
The following items will be required to install the ice maker kit.
• 1/4 inch copper supply line with shut off valve
• 1/4 inch brass compression nut and ferrule
• Freezer shelf (Some models not eqipped with shelf). If your
model does not have one, contact your dealer to order one.
The copper tubing and shut off valve are available in a kit from your
local hardware or plumbing supply store. Coil enough tubing at the
back of the unit to allow movement for cleaning.