Water Filter Installation Instructions
Follow these simple instructions for your filter type.
Refrigerator Water Filter 8
Part 8171413 & 8171414
1. Locate the filter in the upper right hand side of the refrigerator compartment.
2. If replacing a filter, twist the used filter ¼ turn to the left. The install mark will be
lined up with the indicator mark located on the filter head.
3. Gently pull down on the filter cartridge to remove it from the filter head. Note:
there may be some water in the filter and some spilling may occur. To reduce
the amount of spillage keep the filter upright and do not tip.
4. Remove the filter from the packaging. Remove the filter cap.
5. Apply the month sticker to the filter cartridge as a reminder to replace the filter
every six months.
6. Life up the install mark located on the filter label with the indicator line that is
molded into the filter head.
7. Twist the filter cartridge ¼ turn to the right to lock it into place. The remove mark
should be lined up with the indicator line on the filter label.
8. Reduce water spurts by flushing air from the system. Run water continuously
for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) through the dispenser until water runs
steady. Additional flushing may be required in some households where water is
of poor quality.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST