Setting to Answer/Record Mode or Answer Only Mode
– Note: When power is on, the system is always in either one of these 2 modes.
• If the system is in Answer Only Mode, press 'ANSWER' for about 2 seconds.
The DAS 202 will beep and the LED will show 'A1' while OGM1 playing.
The DAS 202 is now in Answer/Record Mode.
• Repeat the process to return the system to ANSWER ONLY MODE.
The DAS 202 will beep and the LED will indicate 'A2' while OGM2
• The DAS 202 can be turned off or on by simply tapping the answer key.
Recording Incoming Calls
– When the DAS 202 is in Answer/Record mode, it will answer the telephone
after the second (or fourth) ring*, then will play your OGM1 message. At the
end of the OGM1 message a beep will sound, indicating to your caller that
they may begin speaking. The DAS 202 allows callers to leave a
message. At the end of the message, the DAS 202 will sound a long beep,
indicating that the recording time is over.
*Ring and Toll Saver
– The DAS 202 will normally answer an incoming call after the second ring.
However, if there are no unplayed messages on the system, the
DAS 202 will not answer until after the fourth ring. This feature allows you to
call into your answering machine and determine, without a toll, if there are
any unplayed messages on the system (i.e. If the phone rings three times,
there are no unplayed messages).
Playing All Messages
– The LED will display the total number of messages in the DAS 202's
memory. The following details the playback procedures:
• Pause Message
• Resume Playback from Pause
• Repeat Message
• Skip Message
• Erase Single Message
• Stop Playback
• Erase and Save ALL Messages
CAUTION: If you erase a single message during playback, it cannot be restored.
Press 'REPT d ' once to replay
current message, twice to
replay the previous message
Press 'FF c' once to skip the
current message, multiple times to
skip through more than one message
Press 'ERASE' while message is playing
Press and hold 'ERASE' for
about 2 seconds. A long beep
will sound, and ALL messages
will be erased. To RESTORE all
messages, Press and hold
'ERASE' again for about 2
seconds. A long beep will sound
and messages will be restored.
Playing your Outgoing Message (OGM)
– To play your OGM, simply press the 'OGM1' or 'OGM2' button. The OGM
will play, and the DAS 202 will return to normal mode.
Recording a Memo
– The DAS 202's Memo function allows you to leave a message for another
member of your business or household when you are going to be away.
Complete the following steps to record your Memo message:
• Press and hold the 'MEMO/2WAY' key for approximately 2 seconds.
After a short beep, the LED will display '00'.
• At this time, release the 'MEMO/2WAY' key. A long beep will sound, and
the unit will begin recording.
• At the end of the beep, speak in a clear voice, directly into the microphone.
• Stop the recording by pressing the 'STOP/TIME' key.
Recording a Two-Way Conversation
– The DAS 202's 2-Way Record function allows you to record important
conversations you have on the telephone. Complete the following steps to
use the 2-Way Record function:
• Press and hold the 'MEMO/2WAY' key for approximately 4 seconds.
• The LED will display '2R' and 2-Way Recording will begin.
• At the end of your conversation, or when you wish to stop recording,
simply press the 'STOP/TIME' key.
Playing Memos and 2 Way Conversations
– To play these messages, press the 'MEMO/2WAY' or 'PLAY' key.
Recordings will be played in sequence.
– The DAS 202 can be used to screen incoming calls. Simply set the unit to
Answer/Record mode by pressing the 'ANSWER' key. When an incoming
call occurs, adjust the volume control so that you can hear the incoming
caller leaving their message. If you wish to speak to the caller, simply pick up
the receiver. The DAS 202 will automatically stop recording.
Remote Control Security Code
– The Security Code is set to a factory default of '159'. This code can be
changed to any number between 000 and 999. To change your security
code perform the following steps:
• Press and hold the FF c key for approximately 2 seconds and release
when you hear a short beep to display the current security code. The
DAS 202 will then display the first digit of the security code. Use the
FF c and the REPT d keys to increase or decrease the number of the
first digit. Once you have arrived at the desired number, press the
'ANSWER' key to confirm your selection.
• Repeat the process for the second and third digits.
• If no key is pressed within 8 seconds, the setup procedure will be aborted.