General Care & Cleaning
cleaninG cooktoP, buRneR GRates, buRneR
caPs and buRneR Heads
The cooktop is designed to make cleaning easier. Because the gas burner are sealed,
cleanups are easy when spillovers are cleaned up immediately.
do not remove any parts from the cooktop until they have completely cooled and are safe to handle.
do not use spray oven cleaners on the cooktop.
Cleaning the cooktop
If a spill occurs on or in the recessed or countered areas, blot up spill with an absorbent
cloth. Rinse with a clean, damp cloth and wipe dry. Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners on
the cooktop. They can scratch the porcelain. Completely rinse any mild cleaners used from
the surface or the porcelain cooktop may become damaged during future heating.
Cleaning the grates
The burner grates are dishwasher safe and may be cleaned in the dishwasher. Remove
any excessive soils before placing in the dishwasher.
● For proper gas flow and ignition of the burners — do not allow spills, food, cleaning agents or any
other material to enter the gas orifice opening.
● The cooktop is not removable. Do not attempt to remove or lift the cooktop.
● To avoid possible burns use care when cleaning the cooktop. do not attempt to clean the cooktop
whenever the cooktop or burner heads are still hot.
● To avoid possible burns do not attempt any of the following cleaning instructions provided before turning
OFF all of the surface burners and allow them to cool.
● To avoid possible burns do not attempt to operate the surface burners without the burner caps.
Your appliance is shipped with the burner heads and burner caps in the correct locations.
Before using your gas appliance be sure to:
● Follow installation instructions before operating.
● Remove all packing tape from cooktop area.