DATA PROJECTOR MODEL XD211U User Manual XD211U This User Manual is important to you. Please read it before using your projector.
EN55022 Class B device. Please follow WARNING instructions. Your MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components which can be recycled and reused. This symbol means that electrical and electronic equipment, at their end-of-life, should be disposed of separately from your household waste.
XD211U Trade Name : MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC Responsible party : Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. 9351 Jeronimo Road, Irvine, CA 92618 U.S.A Telephone number : +1-(949) 465-6000 This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Water and moisture Do not use this projector near water or in contact with water. Accessories Do not place this projector on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced Radio / TV technician for help. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Mitsubishi could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment. COMPLIANCE NOTICE OF INDUSTRY CANADA This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Kensington Lock This projector has a Kensington Security Standard con- nector for use with Kensington MicroSaver Security Sys- tem. Refer to the information that came with the Kensington System for instructions on how to use it to secure the pro- jector.
The UP and DOWN buttons are used in the KEY- STONE adjustment in addition to the volume control. This projector is equipped with two remote controls. One is installed on the top of the set; the other is come with the package.
• When you operate the remote control from the rear side of the projector, the infrared will reflect from the screen, and the operating distance will become shorter. In this case, please remove the remote control on the top of the projector to improve the operating distance.
Put a hard board under the pro- jector to facilitate ventilation. • Place the projector at least 50 cm (or 20 inch) away from the wall to prevent the air inlet grille and the air outlet grilles that emit hot air from being blocked.
Make sure that the connected device is turned off before starting connection. • Plug in the power cords of the projector and the connected devices firmly. When unplugging, hold and pull the plug. Do not pull the cord. • When the projector and the connected devices are located too close to each other, the projected image may be affected by their interference.
• This projector uses stereo pin jack for its audio input. Check the type of the audio output terminal of the connected computer and prepare a proper cable for connection. Some computers don’t have the audio output terminal.
Remove the lens cap. Warning: • Do not look into the lens directly when the projector is on. • The lens cap is for protecting the lens. If you leave the lens cap on the lens with the projector turned on, it may be deformed because of heat build-up.
• If the power cord is unplugged from the wall outlet before the projector is cooled down completely after use, it can happen that the lamp does not turn on in next time because of the high temperature of lamp. In this case, wait a few minutes and try to light the lamp again.
The lamp can’t be lit again for one minute after turned off for safety purpose. It will take another one minute for the STATUS indicator to go out. If you want to turn on the projector again, wait until the indicator goes out, and then press the POWER button.
Menu operation * Menus are not displayed when no signal is supplied to the projector. Picture Computer Image*6 Video Image*8 Sound Setting Language Factory Default *1 Default setting varies depending on input signals. *2 Available only when the input signal is PC or Video or S-Video 4/5 line component signal.
White Intensity 0 - 10 Gamma 0 - 6 • If the cable is pulled out from the projector when the menu is displayed, last memory will lose, and the setting value will disappear. EN-16 Press the Press the Press the...
In this menu, the setting value is not saved after turning off the projector or when unplugging the signal cable. This menu is prepared just for tempo- rary use when AUTO POSITION does not work correctly for the current provided signal.
Select Yes when you set the projector at the ceiling. • When the lamp is off, the projector is in standby. Use the remote control to turn on the lamp. Selects a desired timer setting until the projector enters the standby mode when there is no signal input from the source.
Image adjustment You can adjust projected images by using Picture and Video Image menus. To adjust the brightness and contrast: You can make adjustments of the brightness of the projected image using the menu. (See page 16 for the menu options.) Display the Picture menu.
• Be sure to use the lamp dedicated to this projector, VLT-XD210LP for XD211U. Use of other lamps may cause a failure of the projec- tor. If the projector is installed in a ceiling mount, remove it from the mount.
Troubleshooting Before asking for repair of the projector, check the following. If the symptom persists, stop using the projector, be sure to unplug the power plug, and then contact your dealer. No image appears on the screen. Problem Power can not be turned on.
• This phenomenon is normal for a DLP projector and is not a malfunction. (A very small number of pixels may visibly or invisibly be persistent all the time, but they are not a sign of system malfunctions. Over 99.99% of the pixels are effective.)
Cleaning of the projector and the ventilation slots Use a soft cloth to clean the projector and the ventilation grilles. When the grilles become dirty, wipe them with a soft cloth dampened with diluted mild detergent, and then wipe them with a dry cloth.
Indicators This projector has two indicators, each of which shows the operation condition of the projector. The following offer solutions to possible problems. If these problem persist, turn the projector off and consult your dealer. POWER indicator Normal condition POWER...
° ° F (+5 C) - +95 (performance guaranteed) • The specifications and outside appearance of the projector are subject to change without prior notice. : Y:1.0 Vp-p (negative sync.) ° ° F (+35 C), 30 - 90% :0.7 Vp-p...
US J2552-0063-01 for EU J2552-0066-01 for UK J2552-0065-01 1 RGB cable for PC J2552-0072-03 Replacement part (Option / Not included in the box) Spare lamp for XD211U EN-26 COMPUTER IN/MONITOR OUT (D-SUB 15-pin) Spec. pin No. R(RED)/C G(GREEN)/Y B(BLUE)/C...
• Some computers aren’t compatible with the projector. • The projector’s maximum resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels. It may not display images of higher resolutions than 1024 x 768 (or 800 x 600) cor- rectly. • Images with SYNC on G (Green) signal may jitter.