- Do not install the product in a confined space, such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
- Do not expose the batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) to excessive heat, such as sunshine, fire or the like, for a long time.
- Do not subject the batteries to extreme low temperature conditions that may result in overheating and thermal runaway.
- Do not dismantle, open, or shred secondary cells or batteries.
- In the event of a cell leaking, do not allow the liquid to come in contact with the skin or eyes. If contact has been made, wash the affected area with copious amounts of water and seek medical advice.
- Secondary cells and batteries need to be charged before use. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions or product manual for proper charging instructions.
- After extended periods of storage, it may be necessary to charge and discharge the cells or batteries several times to obtain maximum performance.
- Dispose of properly.
Notice for customers: the following information is only applicable to products sold in countries applying EU directives and/or UK applying relevant statutory requirements.
This product has been manufactured by or on behalf of Sony Corporation.
EU Importer: Sony Europe B.V.
Inquiries to the EU Importer or related to product compliance in Europe should be sent to the manufacturer's authorized representative, Sony Belgium, bijkantoor van Sony Europe B.V., Da Vincilaan 7-D1, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium.
Hereby, Sony Corporation declares that this equipment is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU.
The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://compliance.sony.eu
This product has been manufactured by or on behalf of Sony Corporation.
UK Importer: Sony Europe B.V.
Inquiries to the UK Importer or related to product compliance in the UK should be sent to the manufacturer's authorized representative, Sony Europe B.V., The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XW, United Kingdom.
Hereby, Sony Corporation declares that this equipment is in compliance with the UK relevant statutory requirements.
The full text of the declaration of conformity is available at the following internet address: https://compliance.sony.co.uk
Disposal of waste batteries and electrical and electronic equipment (applicable in the European Union and other countries with separate collection systems)
This symbol on the product, the battery or on the packaging indicates that the product and the battery shall not be treated as household waste. On certain batteries this symbol might be used in combination with a chemical symbol. The chemical symbol for lead (Pb) is added if the battery contains more than 0.004% lead. By ensuring that these products and batteries are disposed of correctly, you will help to prevent potentially negative consequences for the environment and human health which could be caused by inappropriate waste handling. The recycling of the materials will help to conserve natural resources. In case of products that for safety, performance or data integrity reasons require a permanent connection with an incorporated battery, this battery should be replaced by qualified service staff only. To ensure that the battery and the electrical and electronic equipment will be treated properly, hand over these products at end-of-life to the appropriate collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. For all other batteries, please view the section on how to remove the battery from the product safely. Hand the battery over to the appropriate collection point for the recycling of waste batteries. For more detailed information about recycling of this product or battery, please contact your local Civic Office, your household waste disposal service or the shop where you purchased the product or battery.
This unit has been tested and found to comply with the limits set out in the EMC regulation using a connection cable shorter than 3 meters.
Only the supplied headphone cable(s) can be used with these headphones.
High volume may adversely affect your hearing.
Do not use the unit while walking, driving, or cycling. Doing so may cause traffic accidents.
Do not use in hazardous areas unless the surrounding sound can be heard.
The unit is not waterproof. If water or foreign matter enters the unit, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or foreign matter enters the unit, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the unit near a sink or liquid container
Be careful that the unit does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the unit in the rain or snow, or in humid locations
- When using the unit while you are perspiring If you touch the unit with wet hands, or put the unit in the pocket of a damp article of clothing, the unit may get wet.
For details on the effects of contact with the human body from the mobile phone or other wireless devices connected to the unit, refer to the instruction manual of the wireless device.
Never insert the USB plug when the unit or charging cable is wet. If the USB plug is inserted while the unit or charging cable is wet, a short circuit may occur due to liquid (tap water, seawater, soft drink, etc.) or foreign matter on the unit or charging cable, and cause abnormal heat generation or malfunction.
This product (including accessories) has magnet(s) which may interfere with pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices. Do not place this product close to persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using this product if you use any such medical device.
This product has magnets. Placing magnetic stripe cards in the vicinity of the product may affect the magnetism of the card and render it unusable.
Note about static electricity
If you use the unit when the air is dry, you may experience discomfort due to static electricity accumulated on your body. This is not a malfunction of the unit. You can reduce the effect by wearing clothes made of natural materials that do not easily generate static electricity.
The two-dimensional code or the URL on the cover will help you access the help guide that describes useful notes or procedures in details.
On BLUETOOTH® communications
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
On charging the unit
- Be sure to use the supplied USB Type-C cable.
Notes on wearing the unit
- Because the headphones achieve a tight seal over the ears, forcibly pressing them against your ears or quickly pulling them off can result in eardrum damage. When wearing the headphones, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- Be careful not to catch your finger in the unit when folding.
- When you use the unit as wired headphones, use the supplied headphone cable only. Make sure that the headphone cable is firmly inserted.
- Do not apply weight or pressure to the unit for long periods, including when it is stored, as it may cause deformation.
- If you experience discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this unit that are not covered in this manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
Location of the serial number label
DC 3.85 V: Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
DC 5 V: When charged using USB
0°C to 40°C
Rated power consumption:
Approx. 252 g
48 Ω (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on)
16 Ω (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
96 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on)
96 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
7 Hz - 25,000 Hz (JEITA)
Wireless Noise Cancelling Stereo Headset (1)
USB Type-C® cable (USB-A to USB-C®) (approx. 20 cm) (1)
Headphone cable (approx. 1.2 m) (1) Carrying case (1)
Bluetooth Specification version 5.2
Bluetooth Specification Power Class 1
2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz - 2.4835 GHz)
Bluetooth: 2,400 MHz - 2,483.5 MHz
Maximum output power:
Bluetooth: < 8 dBm
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
System requirements for battery charge using USB
USB AC adaptor
A commercially available USB AC adaptor capable of supplying an output current of 0.5 A (500 mA) or more
Compatible iPhone/iPod models
iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPod touch (7th generation), iPod touch (6th generation) (As of July 2021)
- Apple, iPhone, iPod and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Use of the Made for Apple badge means that an accessory has been designed to connect specifically to the Apple product(s) identified in the badge, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
- Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Corporation is under license.
- The LDAC name and logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
- Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Notes on the License
This product contains software that Sony uses under a licensing agreement with the owner of its copyright. We are obligated to announce the contents of the agreement to customers under requirement by the owner of copyright for the software.
Please access the following URL and read the contents of the license. https://rd1.sony.net/help/mdr/sl/21/
Disclaimer regarding services offered by third parties
Services offered by third parties may be changed, suspended, or terminated without prior notice. Sony does not bear any responsibility in these sorts of situations.
©2021 Sony Corporation
Printed in Vietnam
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.