Migrating Cisco PIX Requests to Cisco ASA 5500 Sales
ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances deliver more security
capabilities, higher performance, and greater expansion opportunities than Cisco
500 Series Security Appliances. Migrate customers requesting a Cisco PIX
appliance to Cisco ASA 5500 appliances today to enable them to benefit from
converged, multifunction security and VPN services within a single platform.
Cisco ASA 5500 Benefits over Cisco PIX 500
Delivers a Greater Functional Set Relative to Cisco PIX 500 Series
• SSL VPN services included with each Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliance
• High-availability support available on all Cisco ASA 5500 Series models
• Additional security services available, including Anti-X and IPS
Flexible Deployment Options
Customized product editions tailored to address specific needs:
• Firewall Edition
• Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Edition
• Anti-X Edition
• SSL/IPsec VPN Edition
Better Price and Performance Compared to Similar Cisco PIX Models
• Starting from 150 Mbps firewall and 100 Mbps IPsec VPN for enterprise
• High-performance IPS and Anti-X services
• Prices start at the same price point as Cisco PIX for similar models
Sample Firewall Performance Comparisons
Questions to Migrate Cisco PIX Requests to Cisco ASA 5500 Sales
What security capabilities are you looking to add to your network? Cisco ASA 5500
Series can provide:
• Firewall: Provides trusted firewall built upon Cisco PIX technology.
• VPN: Provides threat-protected VPN built upon Cisco VPN 3000 technology.
First solution to offer comprehensive SSL and IPsec VPN services on the
• Anti-X: Offers comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-
phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering features through partner-
ship with Trend Micro.
• IPS: Provides proactive, full-featured intrusion prevention services to stop a wide
range of threats.
How do you combat worms and viruses in your network?
• The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Anti-X Edition protects users from Internet threats and
connects remote sites securely with anti-X, firewall and VPN services.
How do you secure remote workers who are accessing your network?
• The Cisco ASA 5500 Series provides fully secured, highly customizable access
for any user from any location on a single device and management infrastructure.
How do you plan to secure your IP communications network?
• The Cisco ASA 5500 Series offers a suite of voice features, enabling security for
the voice infrastructure, call control, and endpoints for VoIP networks.