– WARNING –
To reduce the risk of injury, user must read
Some dust created by power sanding, sawing,
grinding, drilling, and other construction activities
contains chemicals known to the State of California
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive
harm. Some examples of these chemicals are:
● Lead from lead-based paints,
● Crystalline silica from bricks and cement and
other masonry products, and
● Arsenic and chromium from chemically-treated
Your risk from these exposures varies, depending on
how often you do this type of work. To reduce your
exposure to these chemicals: work in a well ventilated
area, and work with approved safety equipment, such
as those dust masks that are specially designed to
ﬁ lter out microscopic particles.
SPECIFIC SAFETY RULES AND SYMBOLS
1. Always wear ear protectors when using the tool
for extended periods.
Prolonged exposure to high intensity
noise can cause hearing loss.
2. Use auxiliary handle(s), if supplied with the tool.
Loss of control can cause personal injury.
3. Hold power tool by insulated gripping surfaces,
when performing an operation where the cutting
accessory may contact hidden wiring.
Cutting accessory contacting a "live" wire may make
exposed metal parts of the power tool "live" and could
give the operator an electric shock.
4. Hold power tool by insulated gripping surfaces,
when performing an operation where the
fastener may contact hidden wiring.
Fasteners contacting a "live" wire may make exposed
metal parts of the power tool "live" and could give the
operator an electric shock.
5. Never place hands or other body parts near the drill
bit or chuck during operation. Hold the drill by its
6. Because the cordless tool operates by battery power,
be aware of the fact that it can begin to operate at any
7. When working at elevated locations, clear the area of
all other people and be aware of conditions below you.
8. Never touch moving parts.
Never place your hands, ﬁ ngers or other body parts
near the tool's moving parts.
9. Never operate without all guards in place.
Never operate this tool without all guards or safety
features in place and in proper working order. If
maintenance or servicing requires the removal of a
guard or safety feature, be sure to replace the guard
or safety feature before resuming operation of the
10. Use right tool.
Don't force small tool or attachment to do the job of a
Don't use tool for purpose not intended —for
example— don't use circular saw for cutting tree
limbs or logs.
11. Never use a power tool for applications other
than those speciﬁ ed.
Never use a power tool for applications other than
those speciﬁ ed in the instruction manual.
12. Handle tool correctly.
Operate the tool according to the instructions provided
herein. Do not drop or throw the tool. Never allow the
tool to be operated by children, individuals unfamiliar
with its operation or unauthorized personnel.
13. Keep all screws, bolts and covers tightly in place.
Keep all screws, bolts, and plates tightly mounted.
Check their condition periodically.
14. Do not use power tools if the plastic housing or
handle is cracked.
Cracks in the tool's housing or handle can lead to
electric shock. Such tools should not be used until
15. Blades and accessories must be securely
mounted to the tool.
Prevent potential injuries to yourself or others. Blades,
cutting implements and accessories which have been
mounted to the tool should be secure and tight.
16. Never use a tool which is defective or operating
If the tool appears to be operating unusually, making
strange noises, or otherwise appears defective, stop
using it immediately and arrange for repairs by a
Hitachi authorized service center.
17. Carefully handle power tools.
Should a power tool be dropped or struck against
hard materials inadvertently, it may be deformed,
cracked, or damaged.
18. Do not wipe plastic parts with solvent.
Solvents such as gasoline, thinner benzine, carbon
tetrachloride, and alcohol may damage and crack
plastic parts. Do not wipe them with such solvents.
Wipe plastic parts with a soft cloth lightly dampened
with soapy water and dry thoroughly.