Service Centre or similarly qualified persons to avoid
an electrical hazard.
WARNING: Use only hob guards designed by the
manufacturer of the cooking appliance or indicated by
the manufacturer of the appliance in the instructions
for use as suitable or hob guards incorporated in the
appliance. The use of inappropriate guards can cause
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is suitable for the
following markets: SA
Only a qualified person must
install this appliance.
• Remove all the packaging.
• Do not install or use a damaged
• Follow the installation instructions
supplied with the appliance.
• Always take care when moving the
appliance as it is heavy. Always use
safety gloves and enclosed footwear.
• Do not pull the appliance by the
• The kitchen cabinet and the recess
must have suitable dimensions.
• Keep the minimum distance from
other appliances and units.
• Install the appliance in a safe and
suitable place that meets installation
• Parts of the appliance carry current.
Close the appliance with furniture to
prevent touching the dangerous parts.
• The sides of the appliance must stay
next to appliances or units with the
• Do not install the appliance adjacent
to a door or under a window. This
prevents hot cookware to fall from the
appliance when the door or the
window is opened.
2.2 Electrical Connection
Risk of fire and electric
• All electrical connections should be
made by a qualified electrician.
• The appliance must be earthed.
• Make sure that the parameters on the
rating plate are compatible with the
electrical ratings of the mains power
• Always use a correctly installed
• Do not use multi-plug adapters and
• Do not let mains cables touch or
come near the appliance door or the
niche below the appliance, especially
when it operates or the door is hot.
• The shock protection of live and
insulated parts must be fastened in
such a way that it cannot be removed
• Connect the mains plug to the mains
socket only at the end of the
installation. Make sure that there is
access to the mains plug after the
• If the mains socket is loose, do not
connect the mains plug.
• Do not pull the mains cable to
disconnect the appliance. Always pull
the mains plug.
• Use only correct isolation devices: line
protecting cut-outs, fuses (screw type
fuses removed from the holder), earth
leakage trips and contactors.
• The electrical installation must have
an isolation device which lets you