Preface Thank you for purchasing the “Parameter Writer (PWU001Z)” for TOSVERT series inverter. Using this product, you can copy data from one place to another and then execute data comparison between the inverter and the parameter writer’s memory or between the memories of the parameter writer itself.
Carefully read the following notes Safety precautions On the inverter and in its instruction manual, important information is contained for preventing injuries to users and damages to assets and for proper use of the device. Read the instruction manual attached to the inverter along with this instruction manual for completely understanding the safety precautions and adhere to the contents of these manuals.
■ Caution on operation Do not operate keys with a wet hand or wipe with a wet duster. ▼ Not following this instruction could cause electrocution. Do not shock the Parameter Writer (do not fall down). ▼ Not following this instruction could cause malfunction or breakdown. Prohibited Do not pull the transmission cable.
1. Overview Following six functions are available with this parameter writer. 1. Copying function Data can be copied from a memory to another memory among four memories, three (memories A, B, C) of the parameter writer and one of the inverter. (1) Data copy from parameter writer to inverter (2) Data copy from inverter to parameter writer (3) Data copy from a memory to another memory of the parameter writer...
2. Names and functions of main parts PARAMETER WRITER lamp When the parameter writer is set for the original function to write parameters, this lamp is REMOTE KEYPAD lamp When the parameter writer is set to function as a remote keypad, this tamp is on.
3. Connection and start-up Connect the Parameter Writer with the inverter according to the procedure mentioned below. (1) Turn off the inverter and wait for 10 minutes or more. Then, make sure that the CHARGE lamp of the inverter is off. (2) Connect the communication connectors of the parameter writer to the inverter, which has common serial option(communication) connector, with the optional cable.
4. Functions in detail 4.1. Copying function “ Data stored in a memory can be copied to another memory which memories are selected from among four memories that are the inverter's memory, memories A, B and C of the parameter writer. Note: To copy data to the inverter’s memory, do it when the inverter is stopped.
4.2. Simply copying function Data stored in the memory A, B or C of the parameter writer can be copied to the inverter's memory with simple operation of two keys to select one of the memories A, B and C. Use this function to set the same parameters to more than two inverters.
4.3. Comparing function “ This function enables the operator to compare data stored in two memories that are selected from among four memories of the parameter writer's memories A, B and C and the inverter's memory as well as to search a parameter which is different in the setting value from others. The comparing function cannot be used for editing data because it is provided for searching parameters which are different in setting values from others.
■Table of communication numbers The communication numbers for basic parameters are as follows. As to extended parameters, the titles and communication numbers of parameters are the same. See the inverter instruction manual. Table of communication numbers Communication Title number f000 f001 f002 f003...
4.4. Memory protection function “ The memory protection function protects the selected memory so as to prevent it from erroneous replacement of its data with different data copied from another memory. When this function is actuated for a selected memory, it inhibits transcribing copied data to the memory but permits to read data from the memory.
4.5. Memory initializing function “ A selected memory (memory A, B, C or system memory of the parameter writer) or all of them, if selected, are initialized by this function. Operating procedure LED indication “chc ”→“init” →“c0py” “c0py”→“comp” ･ →“prot”→“clr” △ △ △ △ “clr”→“a”...
5. Indications on display Messages appearing on the display are classified into three, namely, title indications, malfunction indications and alarm indications. ■Title indications (function indications): Indicated by LED lamps LED indication In initialization init In checking of initial communication with inverter copy Copying function Comparing function...
6. Resetting function Reset the computer inside the parameter writer as follows if an alarm occurs. [Resetting method] → “clr”→ STOP If “STOP key” is pressed while an alarm message is displayed, “clr” flickers for one second. If you press the “STOP key” again when “clr” flickers, the parameter writer will be reset. 7.